Chapter 11 - DaiSuga

"So when's our next practice match?" Suga asked forgetting whatever the hell he was meant to be doing and beginning to sketch on a piece of paper.

"Uh, I need to check. I've been busy with classes but I'm pretty sure-" Daichi stopped talking and absent-mindedly picked up a piece of paper. He stared at it for a good minute but didn't take in a word of information. 

Suga stopped his drawing and looked through a pile of messy papers. He checked their labels and finally picked one up. 

"Here, you wrote it down...Nekoma."

Daichi let out a groan, rubbing his head before letting it droop onto the desk "Baby I'm tireddd." 

Suga laughed, rubbing his back but stopped suddenly "Daichi?"

"mhm~"

"This is in two days." 

It took a few seconds for the captain to take in those words. But when he realised what had been said he looked back up "Suga what-"

"Practice Match: Nekoma. The date put down, it's in 2 days." He thrust the paper at Daichi who snatched it up. Daichi's eyes scanned over it three times before he looked up.

"I...I thought you'd remember-"

"You never told me!" Suga spoke angrily, running a hand through his grey hair.

"Well maybe I shouldn't have needed to," Daichi muttered, inhaling deeply at the sudden news. 

Suga stood up "Are you saying I'm not worth telling anything?" He challenged.

"Suga you know that's not-"

"Well it sounded a lot like it!" He shouted harshly. He took a step towards Daichi but the dark haired boy reached out and grabbed Suga's hand with his.

"I'm sorry love" He murmured, pulling the boy in a hug.

Suga mumbled something into his chest.

"You know we can't fight. Not after what Tanaka and Noya did."

"What did he have to do with it?" Questioned Suga, immediately becoming annoyed again "It was Tsukki who practically knocked Tanaka out."

Daichi stiffened. That first sentence. He should have said they not him.

"I'll admit Tsukki has quite the attitude...but that doesn't mean he would just hurt Yamaguchi," Daichi said firmly "He wouldn't have done it without reason."

"So you're telling me that Tanaka deserved it? Just deserved to be knocked out cold?"

"What's your obsession with him!" Daichi snapped suddenly "Why are you always so fucking worried about him-what are you in love with him or something?" 

Suga stared at him. Daichi was breathing heavily. 

"I can't believe you. After everything we've been through." 

Daichi swallowed, running a hand through his hair "I-I'm sorry," he started "I didn't-"

"No, that's it." Suga whispered loudly, his voice cracking "We're done."

Daichi's face scrunched up with confusion "What...us?"

"Yes. Us. This. Whatever the hell we're doing. It's over. It's done. We're done." And with that he stormed out of the room, leaving Daichi on the floor. 

No.

What just happened-no. That was so stupid, this can't happen. No. No, No, No.

He ran out of the class but Suga wasn't in sight. The dark-haired boy began searching for him desperately until he rounded a corner and finally saw him. He was with Tanaka, arms around his neck, face buried in his shoulder.

Tanaka wrapped his arms around the boy and noticing Daichi gave him a dirty look.

Daichi could feel tears in his eyes but he fought them back. 

So that's how it is.

Daichi needed to leave, to cry. But there was nowhere to go. 

The bell rang, slicing through the silence. Students filed out of their classrooms and Daichi watched Suga and Tanaka get lost in a sea of teenagers.

Sometimes he hated being captain. You can't miss practice. The whole team always depends on you. You can never, ever mess up...

Well he'd already done that now, hadn't he? 

He was never your boyfriend Daichi. It was a...a fling.

But if that's what it was...

Why did he feel so worthless?

***

Daichi walked into the gym with a stone cold gaze. There was no point hiding it. '

"We've got a practice match against Nekoma in two days." He announced to the Karasuno boys 

The silence was deafening, but not as deafening as the yells that erupted from the players a few seconds later.