Chapter 17

Yama had returned to the sleeping quarters straight away. He silently cried for a bit to get everything out and was now sulking in the corner of the room with a hoodie on to protect him from the chilly air wafting in the cracks in the doors.

He sat there, arms wrapped arounds his legs and face resting on his knees, thinking to himself.

I'm being an idiot. There is probably a really simple explanation. Plus Tsukki would never fall for someone like Kuroo. Their personalities would crash too much. It wouldn't be a healthy relationship.

He knew his heart was trying to convince his mind that nothing was happening between the two but it truly wasn't doing the best job. 

After what had seemed like hours the door opened. The first people to enter were the Karasuno third years who seemed to be in a very intense conversation.

"I'm just saying-" Asahi started but Daichi cut him off.

"I get what you're saying and I'm sorry okay? It was just a bad time and-"

"Yamaguchi are you okay?" Suga asked, his forehead wrinkling in concern.

"M'fine" he mumbled back hoarsely, flinging the top of the hoodie over his head but Suga came to his side.

"What's wrong? Do you wanna talk about it?" 

Yama sighed standing up "I swear I'm okay. Relax 'Sugamama'."

Daichi smirked, shaking his head and Asahi smiled lightly.

"Okay but if you need anything just come talk to one of us. We need you on your best game tomorrow."

He nodded and exited the room where he ran into Noya and the other second years.

They briefly acknowledged his presence with smiles briefly before they all walked inside.

Dinner was probably over. Yama wasn't hungry at all-in fact he felt rather sick, but he knew he should eat so he made his way down to the snack machine (Deep down he wasn't planning to actually get a snack, he was trying to find Tsukki.). As he turned into the next hallway though he was meant with an interesting sight. 

"Don't be such a dork." Kageyama rolled his eyes and Hinata punched him.

"You're so mean, I hate you."

"I doubt that's true." Kageyama teased and Hinata stared up at him, arms crossed.

"Maybe not."

They looked up and noticed Yama, Kageyama turning ice cold as if he expected Tsukishima to appear as well.

"Hey Yamaguchi" Hinata nodded, looking tired.

"Have you seen Tsukki?" He asked.

Kageyama blinked slowly "He's not with you?"

Tadashi looked taken aback "Uhh no? I thought he was outside with you?"

Where the hell is he?

...

oh.

"I swear I saw him heading back to-" Hinata began.

"Yeah, thanks." Yama murmured, pushing past him and finding his way out into the cool night air. A group of members from a team Yama didn't recognise walked past him, laughing amongst themselves and completely ignoring his presence. He moved past them, the wind stinging his skin. The clouds were threatening to release an aggressive bucket of water any second, overlapping each other and occasionally letting out roars of fury.