Chapter 9

Yama went to the nurse's office first. Tanaka was on a bed, half-unconscious as the Coach chatted quietly to the nurse. Suga was sitting down next to Tanaka's bed, head in his hands as he spoke quietly to himself.

Yama knocked on the doorframe and Suga looked up but Coach Ukai didn't.

"Shouldn't you be practising?" He murmured.

"Shouldn't you be practising? Daichi needs your help in more ways than one."

I probably shouldn't have said that.

Sugawara went red but he didn't look surprised "I'm guessing Tsukishima told you?"

"Ages ago," Yama chuckled slightly. He noticed Suga was staring at him with a 'so?' look on his face.

"Oh-it's all good. You should know I'd accept you more than anyone else." 

I didn't mean to say that either. I need to stop talking right now. 

"So are you fine with the fact that he just beat up Tanaka?" 

Yama looked up at the boy laying on the bed. A blue-grey bruise was forming around his eye and it made him feel sick.

"I've known Tsukki for a long time, Sugawara. He wouldn't hurt anyone without reason."

The grey haired boy looked unconvinced. He kept glancing at Tanaka and inhaling deeply, biting down on his lip. Yamaguchi felt like Suga was blinded by the fact that Tanaka was one of his best friends and there must have been  more to the story.

Of course-all he'd seen was Tsukki slam the second year against a wall and punch him in the face so he wasn't sure what to think. But he trusted Tsukki. Whatever his word was Yama would accept it.

I guess that means we'll have to be back on speaking terms.

The thought made him uncomfortable after the brief kiss but it's not like he could just remove Tsukki from his life. 

Better get back to practice then. 

Without getting a reply he stood up and retraced his steps back towards the gym. Just before he reached it though he heard two familiar voices coming from the side of the gym. 

He peeked his head around and saw the person he least expected to see today. 

"You can't just walk in here like you own the place." Tsukki hissed at the boy standing in front of him.

"Sorry princess" murmured a snarky voice.

"You need to leave, Kuroo."

"Don't be so boringggg Tsukki" smirked Kuroo, wrapping an arm around the other boy.

"Don't call me that" The blond complained, shoving him away but Kuroo just laughed.

"Oh come on, a little peek can't hurt."

"You're not looking at shit, just get out of here." 

Kuroo sighed, he took a glance sideways and his and Yama's eyes met.

"You should be careful how you talk to me big shot. Or else I'll tell everyone" Kuroo teased in an almost threatening voice.

Yama just stared at him. Had Tsukki told Kuroo something he hadn't told him?

Tsukki seemed to stiffen "Don't you dare say anything. He can't know."

He?

"Then you let me see your game." 

Tsukki glared at him but Kuroo didn't back down.

...

"There's no chance in hell. Go and tell everyone. It's not like they'll believe you." Tsukki answered.

Kuroo rolled his eyes "Whatever. Kenma's waiting for me, see you later glasses." Kuroo left and Tsukki ran a hand through his hair, resting his body against the gym. 

"What was that about?" Yamaguchi asked, walking around the corner.

"Shit-what the hell Yams!"  

Yama stomped up to him, eyes narrowed "What was Kuroo doing here? And what have you told him?"

Tsukki sighed "Can we not talk about this now? Just go to practice."

"I..." The green haired boy sighed "Okay fine but only if you'll come with me."

"Don't be an idiot, I can't."

Yama shrugged, copying Tsukishima's pose "I said only if you'll come with me."

Tsukki stared at Yama. The shorter boy stared back.

After a few more seconds Yama blinked, letting out a sigh in defeat "Alright, fine but you can't stop me from following you." 

"Just leave it, I should go talk to  Kuroo. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Tsukki began to walk away but Yama reached out and grabbed his arm.

"No."

"What?"

"No. I'm coming with you."

Tsukki swore under his breath, almost thankful for the boys persistence "Well what the hell are we waiting for then, let's go."

Yamaguchi grinned at his small win. He almost forgot what he had seen today but it still lingered in the back of his mind.

"So are you gonna tell me what's going on then?" Yama asked.

"Patience, keep your voice down." Tsukki scolded him.

"Where are we going?"

" T a d a s h i . "

"Right. Sorry. Won't happen again."

They walked outside the gates. Kenma was leaning against the wall, playing some type of video game. 

"Hey Kenma!" Yama smiled but Tsukki nudged him with his elbow.

"Where's Kuroo?"

"Hasn't come out yet." Kenma replied like it was normal for the other boy to be snooping around other schools.

Tsukki narrowed his eyes "Wait..."

He spun around and went to go back in the gates but Kuroo was standing there with the same shit-eating grin on his face that he often wore. 

"Hinata and Kageyama's new move is spot on" He held up his phone proudly "I'm sure Nekoma can find a counter-attack though."

Tsukki bit the inside of his cheek down in annoyance "Get lost Kuroo." 

Kuroo blew him a kiss, "Let's go pudding."

Kenma let Kuroo drape his arm around him as the boys walked off.

"That mother f-" Tsukki started but Yama cut him off.

"He was bluffing."

"What?" 

"He was bluffing. I couldn't hear any balls bouncing when we were talking-or Kageyama and Hinata fighting. I think there was a voice though so I'm pretty sure Daichi was holding a meeting." Yama explained.

Tsukki scoffed "Yeah, sure."

"Oi trust me," Tadashi reached forward and brushed his arm "I-um-I know what I'm talking about."

He stepped backwards as if to make his way back towards the stadium but Tsukki grabbed his arm.

"We're going out."

"Uh...I don't mean to be rude Tsukki but-"

"We're going into town." He stated dragging Yama forward.

"T-Tsukki!"

"Come on Tadashi!"