Chapter Thirteen

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the final round of our Olympics!" Lauren announced to the crowd.

Not much went on yesterday. All we did was practice a few games, and I somewhat managed to keep my distance from the guys, especially Mike. Thankfully he was busy talking to Elliot a lot.

Now here we are stretching and warming ourselves up for the five stages of the finale.

The order is this: basketball, track and field, swimming, water works (whatever that is), and the surprise competition.

Everyone, including staff, were going to be maneuvering to different seats to watch us compete throughout the day. I couldn't wait to beat Jessi's--

"Hey Lea!"

Speak of the Devil.

"It's Lei," I muttered.

"Whatever. Just wanted to wish you good luck, and may the best girl win." Jessi smiled. Of course, it was phony.

"Yeah, you too," I dismissed.

"Oh, wait!" Jessi clacked her pink pumps behind me. Seriously?! Pumps?!

I turned around and crossed my arms. "Yes?" I hissed.

"I also wanted to ask if it was okay to go out with Blake."

Are you kidding me?

"Why would I care?"

"Oh, it just seemed like you two had something going on."

"Never would that happen. I thought you were going out with Tyler," I smirked.

"Oh, him? Ugh. Tyler is sooo lame. I'm so breaking up with him. But thanks for the permish!"

I rolled my eyes as she clacked away. Jessi may have acted nice at that moment, but anyone with a brain could tell she was faking it.

I continued my stretching when Anthony strolled by.

"Hi, Tony!" I smiled as he waved.

"What's up, Lei? Haven't talked to you in a while."

We both sat down facing each other to chat.

"Eh, nothing much. How's our Tony Macaroni?" I laughed as I ruffled his hair. Tony and I were like siblings. Well, our whole group was close despite the occasional romance. Tony was like a brother to Carly and I though.

"I'm pretty good. I've been hanging out with Elliot and Mike a lot more."

Mike. Oh man.

"Um...yeah, that's cool. Well, we're about to start the tournament, so good luck Tony Macaroni."

He waved and walked off. I really didn't want to talk about Mike at the moment, although that was a pretty short conversation.

Anyway, basketball was about to start, and Emily handed me the ball.

"So who are we playing?" I asked.

"Jessi's team. Let's beat those bitches," Emily smirked.

Our team strolled to the outdoor basketball court to find Jessi's team and the wild crowd on the bleachers. The crowd had about 100 people.

We huddled together as Lauren announced the first tournament to the audience.

"Okay, so what's our plan?" I asked.

"I say wing it. Jessi's team won't have a chance," Opal laughed.

"Well, you never know. These people could've used daddy's money to get some b-ball lessons," Sophie countered.