(11) jealousy

I sit down at the table with my lunch and see Namjoon working on his math homework.

Oh crap.

Our math homework.

"Joon, I still don't understand the content that we were taught this week... could you come over tonight or tomorrow to tutor me on it?" I scratch the back of my neck, hesistant on asking a second time.

"Oh! I completely forgot about that actually, of course I'll help you. What time? I can come both days so we have more time together." He winks, throwing me off gaurd. "More time together to study of course." He chuckles.

I nod my head, grinning.

He sets his pen down and picks up his granola bar. It's obvious he has a big smile on his face, content with our plans and I notice Yoongi glaring at the both of us as he continues to slowly eat.

Jimin on the other hand already knows what Yoongi is thinking and nudges his side.

"Jealous much?" He says quietly.

Yoongi rolls his eyes, mumbling 'no' under his breath.

He turns back to the two, lightly bringing his hand down on the lunch table to get their attention, tapping it impatiently.

"No need, Namjoon," He says as a matter of fact, "I actually have an A in math and learned the same content, plus I already live with Y/n so I'll teach her."

He'll do what now

"Yoongi, I actually tutor people on the regular so it's no problem for me to do it." Namjoon loudly bites into an apple.

Everyone's attention is now on Yoongi and Namjoon as their tones change.

"Well I had no problem learning the new content and you did hence why I should tutor her, I'm just more capable of helping." Yoongi narrows his eyes on the boy, crossing his arms defiantly.

Namjoon scoffs, for the first time irritated in front of Bangtan.

"Well..." he raises an eyebrow, "maybe I'd like to spend more time with Y/n and get closer, this is my chance to both spend time and help her, so why can't I, hm?" Namjoon argues back.

"Well, I do too so that's why I am going to help her." Yoongi grips the table, angry now.

I ignore what's being said and try to bud in to stop their agruing.

"Guys, seriously this is dumb! I can hang out with both of you anytime so why are you guys so mad all of a sudden?" I sigh, confused.

Jimin gulps and puts a hand on Yoongi's shoulder to calm him down and looks to Namjoon sympathetically.

"Hyung, just let Yoongi teach her. He has his reasons too."

"Oh really? Then what's your reason? You act like you hate her half the time so why do you want to help her now?" Namjoon raises his eyebrow.

He does seem to dislike me...

Yoongi growls under his breath, pissed off.

Jungkook gasps, pointing a finger at his hyung.

"I understand! Yoongi hyung is jealous! That's why he doesn't want Namjoon to spend ti-" Jin cuts him off by shoving his own sandwich into Jungkook's mouth.

I feel my face warm up.

Why do I feel this way? Nervous and... happy maybe? Why would I be happy that Yoongi's jealous?

Wait... why the hell would he be jealous anyways?

Namjoon just wants to help me study...

Yoongi looks around the table to all of their faces and turns back to Namjoon, smirking.

"Because. I simply called dibs. She's mine already and you've known that from the very start."

I choke on my strawberry milk and try to comprehend what the absolute hell Yoongi had just said.

The table goes quiet and all eyes are on Yoongi who now has a red face but he doesn't look away from Namjoon. He leans in closer so that the rest of us, including me, can't hear.

"Remember the first day of school? I texted you that night saying I called dibs. You promised that even if you liked her too you wouldn't go after her. Let's keep it that way."

Namjoon sighs and I wonder what Yoongi had said to him.

"Fine." Namjoon says through gritted teeth and gets up, dumping his tray and leaving the lunch room.

We all sit back in shock and confusion, trying to process whatever the hell just happened.

Yoongi's jealousy slipped out? Namjoon lost his cool for the first time? Yoongi and Namjoon both want to spend time and get closer with me? What are they going on about?!

"I uh... I didn't know you wanted to tutor me that bad..." I awkwardly say to the still aggravated boy.

"Me neither." He sighs and tilts his head, staring me down.

He glances to Jimin who's already looking up at him with raised eyebrows.

Jimin sits in class bored.

______________________________
(1) Yoongles 🐱

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
Dude

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
Jimin?

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
C'mon, answer faster it's important

Is it about what happened at lunch?
......
I was pretty shocked that you said that all out loud.... in front of her too

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
I didn't mean to it just came out!
I didn't know Namjoon liked her too so I had to stop him, he already promise to not flirt since I called dibs on her
I wasn't losing that argument, you both know I like Y/n

Yeah, trust me we ALL know now
Y/n was blushing though, who knows maybe she'll fall for you too 😉

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
Oh shut up
I didn't expect to like her so much it just sort of happend
After that hug I told you about I just... feel different
I knew I liked her a little bit at first because of her defiant personality, it reminded me of myself so I found her amusing to agrue with
...
.......
But when I saw her at such a vulnerable state and hugged her I got this weird...tingly feeling?

Hmm... tingly as in butterflies or a tingly feeling in a part lower than your stomach
🤔😏🍆

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
Jimin, do me a favor and shut the hell up
Butterflies obviously, dumbass

Sheesh okay, chill
She must be on to you now after your little argument with hyung
But don't worry, the worlds best wingman is here 😌

𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬 🐱
Will you really help me?
I was fine before but now I get nervous around her and I'm not sure what to do, I resort to being rude to cover it up...
I've never been jealous before, not like this

Don't worry, I'll come up with a plan
I'll be the best wingman you've ever had
You can count on me, hyung!
______________________________