Ch.1 My Life

Ch. 1 My Life

My name is Raniyah. I'm 16. I go out with Zaire. My mother stupid and I'm the only one that have a life cause all my sister do is skip school. It was October 22nd and I was in my room laying down reading Trust No Man 3: Like father Like son by Ca$h. I put the book down and went downstairs. My sister Shamiyah was in her room playing her XBOX One.

"Bruh you skip school again?" I ask her annoyed at the fact she ain't go to school. My mother don't never say nothing to her 'bout it neither. I got to be the one to make sure she goes to school.

"Nah it ain't like that. I ain't have school,' she says her eyes still fixed on the game. I ain't buying that. I know she skip school, cause last time I checked today ain't a holiday. She knows I'm gone make her get up and go to school. I go up to the XBOX and turn off Saint Row 3. "What the-"

"Say it and you won't have no more teeth in ya mouth. Get ya a** up and go to school," I promise her. I don't make threats I make promises.

"Why the f**k you ain't in school?"

"Cause your retarded a** mother ain't come to that meeting with the dean. And you keep missing school and she ain't gone be the only retarded one in this piece."

"She ain't the only one now either," she say to me. I grab her and pin her to the wall her feet dangling.

"Keep playing with me and I'm gonna bust a cap in you're a**. Then leave you for the rats." I put her down and she doesn't say nothing but she rolls her eyes and turn back on the XBOX. "Stupid a**" I remark.

"I'm stupid?" my mother asks opening her door.

"I know," I tell her in a'duh' tone as if she was stating that she is stupid.

"Y'all kids stupid cause you don't know why ecation what's made. For you to learn about somebody ex name Malcom and the other black ab-litionist "she start saying. Shamiyah and I stare at her in disbelief.

"I'm going to school,"Shamiyah says. As she walks out I hear her mumble "I ain't ever gonna to be that stupid."

I start walking towards my mother and I stop in front of her. "What you meant to say was 'Y'all kids stupid because y'all don't know why black kids started getting their education. It was for them to learn about Malcom X and other people who fought for black rights including abolitionist... But some good news is you ain't as stupid as I thought you were." I walk away from her.

"You always walking away leaving some smart remotes," she said.

"Bruh just stop talking," I said walking out. She just stupid!

3 hours later...

I already walked Shamiyah to school and I got a surprise for her. While I was there I got all her make-up work. Plus the work she missed from coming to school late today. Altogether that over 40 pages and she got to turn that in tomorrow with her homework because the 2ndquarter end for her tomorrow. This girl ain't been doing anything and the work she did do her teacher said she rushed through. I got her grades and looked at em' she got 54% as her highest grade out of all her subject and that is for gym. The highest assignment grade is a 39% and that is ridiculous.

Since I was already in the area I decided to go to my bae house and chill there since he ain't have school for the whole week because he did all of his test already.

"Hey bae," he say when he opened the door. He grabs me by my waist and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Wassup," I say walking in his living room. I love his house. It's always so neat and it's bigger than my house.

He starts hoping up the stairs to his room talking at the same time, "Nothing laying low."

"From," I ask when I finally get up the stairswith a lamp hovered in his room. He sitting at her desk over his work.

"School so I can spend more time with you. That's why I did all of my tests on the weekend."

I'm confused. "How you taking time off school but still doing work," I ask him in a confused tone.

"I asked for extra credit."

"Smart alec," I mumble.

He stands up and wraps his arms around my waist kissing the side of my face. I turn my head and kiss him on the lips. As soon as I feel him start to pull away I push my tongue into his mouth and instantly he pushes me against his room wall, placing his hands on the outside of my hips. After 3 minutes we both pull away, both out of breath. We stare into each other eyes.

After a minute he whispers still looking into my eyes, "Tell me you love me."

"I can't."I'm still looking in his eyes and somehow I get lost in his hazel eyes filled with love and lust. I like him a lot but love is a strong word. I don't want to use it if I ain't really sure about loving someone. He know this.

" Well, I love you Raniyah Renee" he tells me before we're kissing again.