Ch. 2 Lies Get You Killed

I walked pass a group of guys and they all eyeballed me like I’m a piece of chicken.

“Shawty let me holla at chu real quick” one of them called.

“Thanks but no thanks I’m good,” I responded. He snatched my arm hard.

“I said let me holla.”

I snatch my arm back. “I said I’m good,” I said leaning into his face challenging him. Please I fight niggas too.

“Criminal, what you doing? Let her go,” an older guy said. The guy name criminal backed away from my face and looking at me with the death stare. I put my hands on my hips giving him the 'I don’t give a f**k' look. I heard one of the boys mumble, “Dre just turned 17 and he telling niggas what to do now.” So they got a 17 year old running the crew that’s just great!

I turned and a light skinned guy with an tattoo sleeve on his right arm say, “Duff shut the f**k up‘cause I will pop yo a** right now.” I hear what he saying but I ain’t really listening to him. Through his t-shirt I see an eight pack. He looks at me and smile realizing I’m checking him out.

“Dre,” he says to me still smiling.

“So I hear. Raniyah,” I say smiling back.

“But when I tried I got attitude. Ain’t this some s**t,” Criminal complained.

“Cause you approached me the wrong way,” I tell him. I start walking off switching hard cause I know they all eyeballing my a**.

“Ma can I get ya number?”Dre ask. I turn around grab his phone and put my number in as bae. I rub my hand across his abs before adding “call me.” I start walking away and I hear him say ‘I will’. “I hope you do,” I tell him. “Cause lies can get you killed,”I mumble.

Flashback

My brother and I stood in front of his friend’s house. “Raniyah you wanna leave,” my brother ask me.

“No,” I almost shout immediately. “I wanna stay with you.” The car that just rode down this block rode down again. “Ain’t that the same exact car that just rode down here?”

My brother looks up at the car and said, “Yeah maybe we should go in the house.” I follow his footsteps and we both look back when we hear a screech.

“Wassup Von,” a guy said as the window rolled down. “I thought that was you.” Although he only rolled down the car window a lil bit I can see mad niggas in the car mean mugging my brother. I bite down on my lip hard mugging them back. My brother saw this too but like always he ain’t care what nobody tried to do to him or if people didn’t like him ‘cause nobody was dumb enough to try him.

“What up, Ty?” My brother asked him walking up to the car. “I’m trying to get my lil sis in the house,”he told the driver name Ty making it clear he don’t wanna talk to him for long.

“Oh this lil sis,” Ty said looking at me.

“Not yours,” I shot at him. My brother busted out laughing putting his arm around my neck. “Tell ‘em Niyah. This my lil sis.”

Ty ignored me and addressed my brother. “Name running loud in the streets,” he said. My brother got serious now. “But you know where you belong?”he kept going.

“Where?” my brother asked thinking they was trying to give him an offer.

“6ft under,” he said and an AK47 appeared in the window blasting off 11 shots into my brother and he ain’t dropped until the 9thshot. Ty got out the car and I ran to my brother blood filling his mouth.