Bunnymaeda 🍋

(A/N: the art is by cornsketched on twitter)(This takes place in chapter 3, but its obv,,different to canon)

The monitor in the restaurant flickers on, interrupting any conversation going on. "Ahem, uhhh...this is an announcement from the Hope's Peak Academy School Trip Executive Committee. Please meet in the park on the central island. Puhuhu~" Monokuma announces, before the camera flickers back off.

Once everybody arrives at the park, Monokuma pops up in front of them. "Upupupu~ Hello, you bastards. I called you all here because I have a new motive for you~" he announces.

"A motive? Again? ugh, this is sooo stupid!" shouts Hiyoko, stomping her foot.

"Now, now~ Don't be like that!" Monokuma sadly looks down, before bouncing back again. "Don't interrupt me! I'm going to show you the motive now, you stupid kids!" Monokuma spins around, and smoke suddenly fills the area. Once it dissipates, everyone has animal ears and tails.

Hinata had fox ears and a tail, and Komaeda had white bunny ears and a fluffy tail. Kuzuryu got shiba inu ears and a tail, and Saionji got chihuahua ears and a tail. Tsumiki was given deer ears, horns and a tail, and Mioda was given tiger ears and a tail. Nanami was turned into a neko, and Souda got hyena ears and a tail. Sonia got bunny ears and a tail like Komaeda, and Tanaka got panther ears and a tail. Owari got cheetah ears and a tail, and Nidai was given bull features.

"You all will be like this until another murder occurs! Have fun~ puhuhuhu!" Monokuma announced, before immediately disappearing.

The students all make their way back to the restaurant, muttering to each other about what to do about the motive. They get to the Restaurant and sit together at the table. Komaeda sits down next to Hinata, resting his head on his shoulder. Hinata pets Komaeda's hair, softly stroking the space between his bunny ears. Komaeda sits back up properly, his ear twitching.

Breakfast quickly comes to an end, and everybody decides to go their separate ways. Hinata taps Komaeda's shoulder, stopping him before he can leave. "Hey, Komaeda. Will you come to my cabin after the nighttime announcement?" His ears twitch, as he nervously waits.

"Ah! Sure! anything for you, Hinata-kun!" he clasps his hands tightly together, eyes sparkling. Hinata purses his lips, looking away before he goes back to his cabin. Komaeda decides to spend his day in the library to pass some time.

-Timeskip-

"Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... It is now 10 p.m. Please return to your rooms and relax. Let the sound of the ocean gently rock you to sleep. Now then, sweet dreams everyone. Good niiiiight..."

Komaeda closed the book he was reading, setting it off to the side for when he comes back to the library. He stands up, stretching. Hm. I guess now would be a good time to visit Hinata-kuns cottage...

Komaeda makes his way to Hinata's cottage, humming to himself. He comes to a stop outside Hinata's door, raising his hand to knock. Before he could move his hand, Hinata swings open the door. "Ah, Komaeda. I figured you would be here about now. Come inside," He steps to the side, letting Komaeda enter and closing the door behind him.

Hinata walks over to the couch and sits down, patting the spot next to him. "Why did you want me to come to your cottage, Hinata-kun?" Komaeda asks, sitting down next to him. Hinata stares at him for a while, lost in thought. "Ah. I was wondering if you wanted to...take advantage...of this situation," He nervously picks at his fingers, waiting for a response.