b e l i e v i n g

-ellen- 

"Where are we going?" I asked, taking a bite out of my Rice Krispie bar. "Next stop?" 

"Well, somewhere in Indiana," Noah answered as he drove. "It's called South Bend, they have a giant performing arts center that I think you'd like. Then we're heading to Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, then all those tiny states up there." 

"And then?" I pushed, mouth full of sweets. 

"And then... Monday," Noah sighed. "Home." 

It was sad to think that this trip was coming to an end. It was even sadder to think that I had absolutely nothing planned out- I didn't know what the house would be like, what I was going to do with the RV, where I was going to work or how I would make a living for myself. 

But there was one thing I knew for sure- Noah would be by my side. He'd be there with me, always, supporting me and holding me up and catching me when I fell. He had done that for quite a few years now, and I don't think he intended to stop anytime soon. 

The house that I had already purchased was a good one, if you asked me. It had so much character- three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, complete with an open backyard and a wood-burning fireplace. The house itself was quaint and cozy, built sometime in the 1900s, and I thought that it suited me perfectly. I really couldn't wait to get there, but at the same time I was just fine in my RV for a little while. 

"Noah?" I said suddenly. "Selling the RV would make us a lot of money... but I don't really think I want to." 

"I know," he agreed with a slow nod. "I mean, there are so many memories in it already, and we're not even done. We can't sell it, not a chance." 

I smiled and sat up straighter. "Maybe we could even make this a yearly thing, you know? Like, a trip across America with this RV every year." 

"Until we're forty," Noah decided. "Or fifty, depending." 

I grinned so hard that my cheeks hurt. I knew for sure that Noah was my soul mate, but not in a romantic way. We were meant to be together, but not as boyfriend and girlfriend. We were perfect for each other- a match made in heaven, really- but only as friends. And I loved it. 

Noah sat up a bit straighter in his seat, eyes still trained on the road. "Hey, what

do you think of Evelyn?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows, my mood instantly souring. "She's... nice. But she just seems so perfect." 

Noah shook his head slightly. "And that's a bad thing?" 

"Well, sort of," I replied. "You wouldn't understand." 

"So help me understand." 

I sighed and ran a hand through my chocolately curls. I really didn't want to talk about her, least of all to Noah, who definitely had a very strong opinion on Evelyn.