𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:RUN

CHAPTER SEVEN:
RUN

1933

"RUN!" PETER SHOUTED WHEN it was time for Charlotte's execution. They had been coming up with a plan for six months―︎they being Peter and Emma―︎and now it was time to take action. Today was the day Jasper would call the newborns forward so that they could be killed. Peter and Emma both made sure they were present at this, continuing as if they had nothing planned whatsoever. The two knew that Jasper was going to be angry with them, but frankly neither of them cared.

Emma had come to love Charlotte. She was a kind soul at heart and she reminded Emma of when she was still alive and held her humanity. Her humanity―︎something Charlotte had managed to bring back a little of. Charlotte was going to be the reason as to why she wasn't going to be a cold blooded killer for the rest of her life―︎but of course, neither of them knew this yet.

Charlotte was called after a newborn by the name of Max who had just been decapitated by Jasper. Charlotte walked forward in front of Jasper and directed her over to Emma which was the cause that set their plan in to motion. Emma and Charlotte shared a look, Emma giving Charlotte the slightest of nods. Emma was to hurt Charlotte like she did all the others, except this time she was going to draw back as to not damage her.

Charlotte closed her eyes, preparing herself for the oncoming pain. Emma's chaos magic swirled through her palms before she brought her hands up to Charlotte's temples, and inserted her magic into her brain. Charlotte let out a cry of pain that made remorse immediately overflow Emma's body. This emotion surprised Jasper, a flinch of a smile falling on his features before it disappeared once again. 

Emma drew her magic back inside, quickly getting rid of the nightmare as Peter stalked behind Charlotte. Before Jasper could register what was happening, Peter quickly pulled Charlotte up and ordered for her to run. She did as told, sending Emma a thankful smile to which Emma returned. Peter quickly ran after Charlotte and now it was Emma's turn. She blocked Jasper's pathway, keeping him from going after them.

"Emma, we can't let them get away." Jasper sternly told her.

"Why? Because Maria won't approve?" Emma asked, her hands glowing red as if daring him to take a step towards the two vampires direction. "Jasper, look at me." He did. Emma carefully put her magic away as she walked up to her brother. She looked up at him with begging eyes. "Jasper, he's our friend. And you were about to make me kill who he believes to be his mate. This is the only one I ask of you to let slip. Please. No one else. Just them."

Jasper looked at his sister, searching her eyes before he nodded his head. "He's our friend. He deserves happiness."

The brightest smile Jasper had seen in a while placed itself onto Emma's face which made the corner of his lips pull up. He was surprised at her next action. Emma hugged him. It was the most contact the two had made in awhile, and he had to admit that he missed these moments. The moments where it was just him and Emma, standing in each others presence. He missed the days Emma would hug him just because she could. He missed the days when they were actually brother and sister. As he stood there, his arms wrapped around her small frame, a sad smile fell on his face.

It wasn't Emma that had ever ruined their relationship. It was Jasper. Emma was doing everything she could to fix their relationship―︎in the beginning at least. Now, Emma had given up on trying because she felt her brother didn't want their relationship to be mended. But he did. He so desperately did. He wanted to be able to walk in a room and receive an excited smile from Emma at the mere sight of him. It didn't matter if he had seen her five minutes prior, she would always hold a bright smile whenever he entered the room.

"Thank you." Emma whispered. She pulled away and looked at her brother. "Now, we're going to act like none of this never happened. We're going to continue our duties. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am." He nodded with a small smirk. Emma smirked back at him before calling the next newborn forward. With the conversation that had just happened between the two siblings, that's when Emma knew it was going to be okay. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or a week from now, but sooner or later, it was going to be okay. They were going to be okay.

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

"You let them go?" Maria scolded the siblings. Emma was trying to hold back a satisfied smirk while Jasper looked sorrowful―︎though Emma knew deep down he didn't regret his actions whatsoever.

"We did." Jasper confirmed. "It won't happen again."

"It better not." Maria told him. A sigh escaped her mouth before she gave him a kiss that made Emma grimace in disgust. She sent Jasper a sweet smile before allowing him to leave the room. Once Jasper was gone, Maria turned to face Emma with a dangerous growl. This time, Emma couldn't hide her satisfied smirk. Maria strode up to Emma and slapped her across the face.

"You bitch! I don't know what your plan is here, but I know that whatever it is, Jasper won't fall for it. He's smarter than that." Maria dangerously told her. Emma's smirk only widened.

"Maybe not." Emma shrugged. "But you're right about Jasper being smart. Whether you believe it or not, he's slowly unraveling himself from being around your little finger."

"I should kill you." Maria told her, her hand wrapping around Emma's throat. Emma shrugged her shoulders again.

"Go right ahead. But fair warning, you'll lose Jasper for good if you even think to kill me. It's your choice. Sooner or later he's going to realize how much you fooled him, and he's going to be one angry vampire. Jasper was scary as an angry human, I could only imagine what he'd be like as an angry vampire." Emma's tone was daring. She wanted Maria to do something, but the blonde knew the girl wouldn't mainly because she didn't want to lose Jasper. Though, her mistrust in him was already starting to show. She could thank Emma for that.

 She could thank Emma for that

1,084 words

Authors note: I love Emma so much.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH