𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FORTY:PARIS, FRANCE

CHAPTER FORTY:
PARIS, FRANCE

"THANK GOD FOR IMMORTALITY." Emma smiled. She and Rosalie were in Paris, sitting in a diner where the people only spoke French. And she was currently thankful for spending almost a decade learning several different languages. Her main two languages that she did focus on was French and Italian. Rosalie looked at the girl with a chuckle.

"Why are we even in a restaurant if neither of us can eat?" Rosalie asked. Emma shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm making this the most human experience possible. Now shush and eat your fancy food that taste like dirt." Emma stated. Rosalie shook her head with a smile before doing as she was told. The married couple took their time with this getaway. They kept in touch so the family didn't think they were pulling an Edward, but also for Jasper's sanity.

"So, what are we doing after this?" Rosalie asked. Emma shrugged her shoulders.

"What is there left to do?" Emma asked, picking at her food with her fork.

"Seems like playing with your food is entertaining you." Rosalie mused. Emma looked up from her food and sent her an amused smirk.

"When do we plan on going back?" Emma asked, sipping the red drink that made her want to tear her tongue out after tasting it.

"Never?" Rosalie asked with hope. Emma chuckled as she shook her head.

"Intriguing idea, but I miss my brother."

"I have no idea how you two survived back when he was part of the confederate army. Wasn't he gone like several months at a time?" Rosalie asked. Emma nodded her head.

"Yeah, it's why I became a nurse. To distract myself from missing my brother." Emma explained. "And of course, can't forget the part when I went looking for him once I figured out he was missing."

"Do you ever regret that?" Rosalie curiously asked.

"Which part?"

"Going after your brother." Rosalie elaborated.

Emma thought for a minute before shrugging her shoulder. "I don't know. I would like to believe that I didn't regret it. I think the main part that makes me regret it was because of Maria. She ruined me in ways you couldn't even imagine. I used to be this quiet innocent girl that always had a smile on her face instead of an angry or uncomfortable scowl. But then again, if I hadn't went after my brother, I don't think I would have made it in my time. I was a girl that was in the closet about her sexuality with her only friend being her older brother. I can't imagine living in a world that doesn't have my brother in it. He's the only one that has ever truly been there all the way. Through my faults, my fears, all of it. I couldn't ask for a better brother."

Emma had a smile the entire time as she talked about Jasper. He truly was the key to her happiness. Rosalie of course was also the key to her happiness, but if the two women ever held a fight or argument, Jasper was always there to pick her up and make her smile again. Rosalie wished she had someone like that in her life. A small frown fell upon her face at the thought of her human life. Emma noticed and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What's wrong, Rose?"

"It's just a curious question." Rosalie said. Emma nodded her head for her to continue. "What are your thoughts on children?"

Emma's actions visibly slowed at the question. A frown falling on her features. If there was one thing about Emma that surprised most people, it was this. She absolutely hated children. She never wanted any of her own and even when she was human, she couldn't have them. And just in general, children annoyed her. Emma sat her fork down.

"Can we not talk about this topic, please?" Emma asked. "I just, I don't want an argument to break out."

"I promise I won't push any further if you just give me your opinion on them." Rosalie softly said. Emma sighed, taking another sip of the god-awful drink.

"I don't like them. Despise them, actually. I've never wanted children. And even if I had, I couldn't have them anyways. So, there's my thoughts. I hate them." Emma bluntly answered. Rosalie closed her eyes at the answer. She had always wanted children of her own and it pained her to know that Emma never wanted any. Emma waved over a waiter and paid for the food before getting up and leaving the restaurant. Rosalie followed after her and quickly caught up with her.

"I'm sorry for asking." Rosalie whispered. Emma glanced at her and sent her a small smile before grabbing her hand and interlacing their fingers.

"It's alright, love." She assured, bringing up their interlaced hands and kissing the back of Rosalie's. The two continued to walk through the peaceful night, the stars immediately melting away all tension.

 The two continued to walk through the peaceful night, the stars immediately melting away all tension

825 words

Authors note: I haven't decided if I want Emma to go with Alice to check on Bella as well as go with them to the Volturi. Thoughts?

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH