𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:MARY ALICE BRANDON

CHAPTER TEN:
MARY ALICE BRANDON

1948

EMMA GRACE WHITLOCK WAS a paranoid person. She no longer trusted people that she just met, instead the walls that she had built up over the years would shine brightly whenever she fell in contact with a stranger. She wouldn't speak―︎if she did it usually wasn't in a friendly manner―︎she would bury herself in her mind which had become a dangerous place for her.

Whenever Emma fell deaf to everything around her, her already red eyes would glow a slight scarlet. When Emma felt paranoid, or in danger, her eyes would glow from her chaos magic―︎informing those around her that she was prepared to strike if they tried to pull something.

Emma stared at the sidewalk blankly as she and her brother walked through Philadelphia. Jasper glanced at his sister before nudging her arm. She slowly looked up at him, the red glow fading from her eyes as she met her brothers eyes. He grabbed her hand before saying, "Come on, let's just sit for a moment." Jasper walked her into a diner and they discreetly walked to the back, sliding into an empty section.

Two menu's were placed in front of them, neither looked up at the waitress who was undoubtedly trying to send Jasper flirtatious smiles. Emma clenched the menu tightly in her hand. "We'll just take a coffee, thanks." Her tone was blunt as she spoke. She looked up at the waitress, sending her a sarcastic smile. The woman huffed, taking the menu's and then storming off.

"Why are you so paranoid?" Jasper asked her, kicking her lightly under the table to grab her attention. She looked up at him and clenched her jaw.

"Why aren't you? There's so many strangers. What if one tries to talk to us?" Emma harshly whispered. Just as she said those words, a small pixie-like girl walked up to the table. She had short brown hair that was spiked at the edges. She held a bright and kind smile on her face that made Emma grimace in discomfort. Her paranoia spiked as did her anxiety as she moved as far away from the girl as she could.

"Hi! You're Jasper and Emma, right?" The girl asked.

"What do you want?" Emma growled. The girl sat down beside of her and Emma immediately tensed up, her eyes flashing a dangerous red.

"I'm Mary Alice Brandon." She introduced, holding out her hand. "But, you can call me Alice."

"I don't want to call you anything. So if you would so kindly leave, that would be phenomenal." Emma snapped.

"Em." Jasper calmly told her. Emma glanced at her brother, her features softening before she looked out the window. Jasper looked at Alice, shaking her outstretched hand and then pausing. He felt her emotions and they were filled with hope, a new feeling Jasper had never witnessed before. He removed his hand, his eyes never leaving Alice. "A pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

The waitress from before appeared, handing Jasper and Emma their coffee's before looking at Alice who just waved her off. When the waitress walked away, Jasper spoke to the brown-haired beauty once more.

"Sorry about my sister, she doesn't do well around strangers." Emma didn't turn her head to acknowledge him, her eyes training on the window as the blood lust started to fill her senses. She held a clenched jaw as her brother and the woman continued speaking.

"Oh, I know."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Emma snarled, turning her head to glare at the brunette.

"I'm here for a reason." Alice calmly told her, the smile never leaving her face at Emma's attitude. "It wasn't a coincidence that I showed up at a table that held two vampires. I have precognitive visions. I saw you two coming, and I saw our future."

"Oh for the love of-"

"Em." Jasper shushed her, intrigued by the vampire in front of him. Emma gave him a look of disbelief as she let out a scoff. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned her head against the window.

"There's a different way we can survive than drinking human blood." Alice told him, though she was also talking to Emma. These words intrigued the blonde, causing her to turn her head to look at the brunette. "We can drink animal blood instead. It's not as pleasant, but it's satisfying enough that it can help control the thirst."

Emma and Jasper shared a look, the two were holding a silent conversation―︎Emma of course being the one that was arguing. Finally, she sighed in defeat.

"What else does your 'future' hold for us, pixie?" Emma asked through clenched teeth. Alice's smile widened in excitement as she started to explain how their was a coven out there that called themselves vegetarians. They drank sorely from animal blood. They were called the Olympic coven and their coven leader was someone named Carlisle Cullen.

The three vampires walked out of the diner just in time before Emma let out a scene. "No. Absolutely not. The last coven I joined was filled with a killer that claimed she loved my brother. Is that what your intentions are, Brandon? To say my brother's your so-called mate and then treat him like shit? I'm not falling for that bullshit again."

"Emma, that's not my intentions at all-" This was the first time Alice had frowned since she met the siblings. She could tell Emma didn't trust her, and she knew it was going to take a lot to slither her way through her walls. But Alice knew something that neither Jasper and Emma knew, and it was that Emma was soon to find her mate as well.

Emma stormed off and Alice went to go after her, but Jasper held the small girl back. "Let her cool off. She might accidentally kill you if you come near her whilst she's angry."

"I'm not trying to make her angry." Alice frowned. "I would never do something like that to you or her."

"I know." Jasper assured her. "Emma is just protective. After everything that happened with Maria, she has a hard time trusting other's. She's built a wall around herself. She gets paranoid a lot easier now." Jasper placed a reassuring hand on the small vampire's shoulder. "Don't take it personally. She'll come around."

Alice sighed as a small smile fell on her face. "I hope so."

1,076 words

1,076 words

Authors note: And here's Alice! Emma hates Alice a lot, she doesn't trust her whatsoever.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH