𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO:THE VOLTURI

THE VOLTURI

THEY ALL STOOD THERE in the snow, waiting for the Volturi. Every person was standing with their mate, spaces placed between all of them. The wolves were all patiently waiting in the woods. Emma held onto her wife, keeping their hands interlocked and giving her soft smiles to reassure her, knowing how worried she was.

"If we get through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman." Garret says to Kate, his arm wrapped around her. Kate glances up at him before looking straight ahead once more.

"Now you tell me?"

They all listened as the Volturi started to crawl closer and closer towards them which resulted in Garrett muttering, "The red coats are coming, the red coats are coming."

The Volturi come from the woods, exposing themselves into the open area. The walked forward, coming and closer to the other group of peaceful vampires. Aro's eyes wandered through out the vampires, not liking how he didn't recognize most of them. When Emma heard Edward inform Bella that he was looking for Alice, she immediately tensed up. Rosalie gave her hand a squeeze as they watched the Volturi suddenly stop when the wolves made themselves known. They walked out of the forest and walked up to the vampires, staying in the back except Jacob who joined Bella, Edward, and Renesmee up front.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner." Carlisle said as he took a few steps forward, putting him in front of everyone. 

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro responds, looking at the blonde male.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken," Carlisle assured.

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools." Caius seethed, his eyes flickering from Carlisle to Renesmee then back to Carlisle.

"She is not an immortal!" Carlisle raises his voice, trying to prove a point. "These witnesses can attest to that. You can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice." Caius waved off.

Aro holds up his hand towards the blonde Volturi leader. "I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your new-born mate, I assume you are involved." Edward glances at Bella before looking towards Emma who gives him the slightest nod of the head. He looks at his child before looking back towards the Volturi and then making his way towards them. Emma watches as Bella tries to shield Edward only for him to get too far, forcing her to pull back.

Edward walks up to Aro and the male immediately takes his hand, scanning through his thoughts. Aro glanced at Bella and Renesmee before looking back at Edward with a smile on his face. "I'd like to meet her."