𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:NOMADS

CHAPTER NINE:
NOMADS

1942-1947

EMMA AND JASPER WERE more savage than Charlotte and Peter. Whilst the couple only had a meal a day, Jasper and Emma would kill someone just because they could. Maria had really damaged the two Whitlock siblings, and Charlotte and Peter could see that. It was when Jasper had suggested he and Emma become nomads that Emma had frowned. She was enjoying her time with her two friends, but she knew that she and her brother had a lot less control than Charlotte and Peter.

So, sadly, they departed ways with one another. The friends promised to keep in touch before Emma and Jasper left the state of New York to go to Rhode Island. The two siblings hadn't spent so much time together since they were both still human, and though they missed Charlotte and Peter, they enjoyed their time with one another. This was helping to mend their relationship.

"Hey, Jazz."

"Hm?" He hummed, glancing up from the book he was reading.

"Do you miss it?" She asked. Jasper placed his book down as he furrowed his eyebrows, looking at his sister. She looked at him, taking notice of his confusion as to what she was referring to. Emma sighed. "Do you miss being with. . . you know. Her."

Realizing that she was talking about Maria, Jasper frowned. When the feeling of paranoia and fear developed Emma, Jasper became worried. Jasper moved over so that he was right beside of his sister. Her hands were in her lap as she looked down, avoiding eye contact with him. Emma was scared that Jasper was going to leave her again and go back to Maria. She was paranoid because of it.

"Emma, look at me." Jasper gently told his sister. Emma slowly turned her head so that she was looking at him. "I regret ever meeting Maria. What she did to us, what she did to you. I will never let that happen again, understand. You are my little sis, and I will never leave you for someone like her. I will never leave you, ever. Besides, who's going to look up to me if you're not around?"

Emma smiled at her brother as she sat up. "You mean that?"

"Of course I mean that. I love you, Em. And honestly, if it weren't for you and Peter, I don't think I would have ever left that woman." Jasper told her. Emma smiled before wrapping her arms around his waist. Jasper placed an arm over her shoulder as he hugged her back.

"I love you too, Jazz. You know, I'll never know what you saw in her." Emma shrugged.

"Me and you both, Em. Me and you both."

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

"Care to dance?" Emma mused, holding out her hand towards her brother. They were now located somewhere in Pennsylvania at a bar that held many people who were dancing to the music. Jasper looked up at his sister, noticing the begging look in her eyes. And though there were so many people, Jasper couldn't say no to her. So he just smiled as he shook his head, taking his sister's hand. Emma beamed as she pulled him out onto the floor.

Jasper twirled her around a few times before they continued to the beat of the music. Emma let out a huff as Jasper caught her in his arms once more. "Man, 40's music sucks. I miss the 20's."

"You don't mean that. You love the 40's." Jasper mused.

"20's are better." Emma shrugged, allowing Jasper to dip her before coming back up. "Hey, I'm hungry. Wanna grab a bite?"

Jasper smirked at the joke before nodding his head. "Lead the way, sis." Emma beamed before taking his hand and swinging it back and forth as she practically skipped out of the bar. This was the old Emma, the only thing that was missing was the part where she was nice to literally everyone she met. That part was replaced with paranoia as she judged everyone she saw with a first glance. Maria is the reason that Emma was the way she was. She didn't trust easily, she was constantly paranoid, a little sadder, and a little more damaged.

Emma walked down the sidewalk with her brother in tow. She sniffed the air, stopping right beside of an alleyway with a smirk on her features. "I think I found tonight's meal." Jasper followed her eye line before letting go of her hand, knowing she was going to make an entire scene per usual. Emma walked down the alleyway, acting casual before coming across the two men that were smoking.

"Hey, pretty thing." One of the men said. Emma turned her head, looking around before pointing at herself. "Yes, you. Come here." Emma did as told, slowly stalking towards them. The man grabbed her wrist, immediately pulling away at her ice cold skin. "Jesus, woman, you're freezing."

Emma sighed, bored with the man before plucking the cigarette from his mouth as well as the other guys. She crushed them out as she looked back up at them. "You know, smoking's bad for you." The guy scoffed at her and stalked closer to her, his eyes narrowed into slits. "Geez, you people are so boring." Emma sighed before reaching up to him and biting his neck. Jasper killed the other and once the two were satisfied with their meal, they walked away as if nothing ever happened.

"I miss when people were more dramatic." Emma huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. Jasper smiled as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I think you've just become too theatrical, Em."

"One can never be too theatrical, Jazz." Emma retorted. Jasper rolled his eyes and Emma just softly chuckled.

 Jasper rolled his eyes and Emma just softly chuckled

959 words

Authors note: Guess who we get to meet in the next chapter! My favorite pixie!

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH