𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE:YOU'RE MARRYING A WHORE

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE:
YOU'RE MARRYING A WHORE

THE FAMILY OF VAMPIRES watched as Jane, Alec, Felix, and Demetri all appeared in front of them. The blonde red-eyed vampire looked over all of them, her eyes narrowing slightly when they landed on Emma. The four stopped a few feet in front of the family, dramatically removing their hoods from their heads.

"Impressive." Jane started. "I've never seen a coven escape an assault at this magnitude in tact."

"We were lucky." Carlisle told her.

"I doubt that." Jane responded.

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight." Alec, Jane's brother spoke up.

"Yes, it's not often we're rendered unnecessary." Jane agreed.

"If you would've arrived a half hour ago you would've fulfilled your purpose." Edward commented, earning a slight smirk from Emma.

"Pity." Jane deadpanned. Her red eyes found those of the newborn that was standing behind the family, a slight devilish smile falling on her face. "You missed one." The family all turned to look at the young newborn, Emma watching as her brother stood closer to the young brunette.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." Carlisle said, turning to look at Jane once more.

"That wasn't yours to offer." Jane responded. Her eyes then fell on the girl. "Why did you come?" The girl suddenly let out screams of pain that made Emma close her eyes. "Who created you?"

"You don't need to do that." Esme quickly said with a frown. Jane stopped before looking at the woman with a slight smirk.

"I know."

"I don't know!" The girl cried. "Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe."

"Her name was Victoria," Edward spoke up, grabbing Jane's attention once more. "Perhaps you knew her."

"Edward," Carlisle silenced him. "If the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would've stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?"

"Of course." Jane agreed. "Felix." Felix stepped forward only to be stopped once again.

"She didn't know what she was doing!" Esme defended. "We'll take responsibility for her."

"Give her chance." Carlisle said, backing up his wife.

"The Volturi don't give second chances." Jane told them. She then looked over at Edward and Bella. "Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know she's still human."

"The date is set." Bella told the vampire. Emma rolled her eyes slightly, Jane smirking slightly at the blonde vampires reaction.

"Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home." Felix stepped forward, walking through the family to get to the newborn. She let out cry of agony before her neck was snapped and Felix threw her body into the dying fire.