𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:STOP BEING PARANOID

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
STOP BEING PARANOID

1950

EMMA AND ROSALIE WALKED around for awhile, going in some stores that weren't just for clothes. They talked occasionally to one another, speaking about anything they could. They were always desperate to hear the others voice so when a conversation seemed to come to an end, they would always find a way to keep it flowing. It made Emma smile more than she had in the past two―︎almost three―︎years since she had met Alice.

"Wanna sit for a minute?" Rosalie asked. Emma looked at her before nodding her head. The two entered a small coffee shop that was mostly deserted seeing as it was very late at night. They both ordered a coffee before looking back at one another.

"How'd it happen?" Rosalie carefully, but gently, asked. Emma gave her a confused look, before she realized what she was talking about. She tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear and immediately Rosalie started to panic, mentally scolding herself for asking such a personal thing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's alright." Emma reassured, a soft smile on her face. It then turned into a sad smile. "I was a nurse whilst Jasper was a major in the Texas Calvary. Jasper had went missing and, being a nurse, I had of course heard the news quickly. Apparently being his sister wasn't enough to get someone to tell me the news directly. So, I went searching for him. I had searched many days without any sleep, I only stopped to eat.

"Well, one night I was right outside of the last known place of my brother, so I decided to go a little ways in the woods and just sleep. Instead of me finding Jasper, he found me, but he was different. He had been turned by a bitch with the name of Maria. I didn't know this of course, so when I saw him I hugged him. He lost control, and he turned me." Emma explained. Rosalie felt bad for asking. "It was an accident of course, so I forgave him a long time ago."

Emma stopped talking when the waiter came over to them, handing both girls their drinks. He offered Emma a flirtatious smile and she just sent him a blank look which was enough to make him leave the table. Rosalie glared daggers at his back before turning to look at Emma who was smiling at the table with amusement.

"What about you?" Emma asked. "How'd it happen for you?"

"I was engaged to the most desirable bachelor in town, Royce King II. He was every maiden's dream and I was happy that he had chosen me." Rosalie started. "I was in love with the idea of love that I didn't realize how much of it lacked in our relationship. I had been walking home when visiting one of my friend's house when I found Royce and few of his friends. They were drunk. Royce was bragging and bragging about me. He grabbed me and that's when I realized he had been drunk out of his mind.

"He and his friends they. . . " She swallowed thickly and decided not to finish the sentence, knowing Emma was able to figure it out. "Carlisle found me. I wanted to die, and I wished he had let me. But instead, he turned me. I got my revenge on all of them, saving Royce for last. I was very theatrical back then, so you could only imagine the scene I had left."