One Hundred

"YES, SHE WANTS TO GET MARRIED, BUT SHE DON'T WANT TO MARRY ME" 

"Alright guys, before you go, Lewis has something to say and I want you to listen closely" Boden finishes up the meeting before inviting me up to have the floor.

"Thanks, Chief" I walk to the front. 

Everyone listening intently, making this so much harder to say. Doesn't help that my eyes keep going to Kelly, knowing how much what I am about to say will hurt him.

"So I just want to say that Jesse and I have decided to move the wedding up because we just can't wait any longer" I start, "when is it?" Gabby asks. "Uhm after next shift" I answer, "and it's going to be a smaller ceremony" I continue, "and I would be so grateful if you guys can make it but if it's too last minute then I understand-"

"Nonsense" Brett interrupts, "we are going to be there" she states as a unison of agreement comes from the others.

"In our amazing purple bridesmaid dresses," Kidd winks as I send her a smile, trying to keep a strong face so they think that this is my decision as much as it is Jesse's.

"Thanks, guys," I say, "one more thing" I continue before pausing, wondering if I should say anything. I look over at Boden who gives me a comforting nod, already knowing what I plan to say, pushing me to tell the others. 

"So Jesse and I have also decided that after the wedding-" I pause again, the words practically impossible to say. "We have decided" I start again, "to move back to Ohio" I force out through my gritted teeth.

"WHAT?!" They all exclaim in unison. 

"What do you mean you're moving back to Ohio?" Otis questions, "we just thought that it was best for us" I try to appear convincing. 

"So can I just clarify" Hermann chimes in, "you're leaving us?".

"No" I deny, "I am leaving Chicago but you guys will always be with me" I state. "You guys are so important to me, you made Chicago feel like home" I continue, "then why are you leaving?" Cruz huffs. 

"Because Ohio is where I am going to start the next chapter of my life" I defend. 

"Is there anything we can say to change your mind?" Kidd wonders, "no" I exhale, "I'm sorry but this is going to be my last shift," I tell them the bad news.

"Lewis, come on!" Mouch exclaims, "you are pulling our leg here" he comments. 

"I trust that you will make her last shift memorable" Boden comes over, wrapping his arm around me to comfort me. "Lewis is always going to be a member of this family" he states, "but she has made a decision and as her family, we have to support it" he backs me up.

"But Chief-" Brett tries.

"AMBULANCE 61! SQUAD 3! FIRE INVESTIGATION!" The alarm goes, "5539 WEST LAKEWOOD AVENUE!" I have been saved by the bell. 

"Thanks, Chief" he pats my back before letting me go.

"This is not over Lewis!" Hermann yells as I race out of the room.

"He's right, we are definitely talking about this when this call is done" Gabby comments and Brett nods before they rush to their ambo.

I didn't think it would be easy but it's not supposed to be this hard. 

"Are you out of your mind Lewis?" Cruz remarks as we get into the rig and Tony drives off, "it's not a decision that I took lightly Cruz" I defend, "but I think it's what is best for me" I add.

"What about us huh?" Capp brings up, "we may not show it Lewis but you have become a big part of this house" Cruz comments, "what's going to happen when you leave?" He queries.