Carry Me

"WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE HOPE IS GONE, JUST RUN INTO MY ARMS. I'M ONLY ONE CALL AWAY, I'LL BE THERE TO SAVE THE DAY" 

"So, I brought you some food to last you till the end of my shift and I will come back and check on you" I place everything within reach for him. "I'm fine you know" Thatcher rolls his eyes at me fussing over him, "the doctors said I am going to make a full recovery" he adds. 

"I know" I shrug, "but I am still going to check on you" I add. 

"Just go to work" he chuckles, "alright I will leave you alone" I give in. "Also" I start, "the cute brunette nurse you were looking at asked me about you" I tell him. 

"And?" he smirks.

"She's into the possibility" I wink, "that's why we are friends" he holds his hand up for us to do our handshake.

"See you after shift" I leave, running into Kelly on the way out.

I swear he is everywhere I turn. 

"Everything okay with Anna?" I ask, worried about her cancer coming back with a vengeance. He had managed to convince her to come back which means he is always at Chicago Med with her, which is understandable since she is going through hell right now.

"She's hanging in there" he tries to put on a strong front but I see right through it, "she's an incredibly strong woman" I try to assure him.

"She is" he nods, "you know maybe you can come and see her" he suggests, "cheer her up" he adds. "Yes sure, I'd love that" I answer, even though I don't really think that me coming will do anything.

"How is Thatcher?" He returns, "he's really good" I answer, "he's just annoyed that I keep checking on him" I chuckle. "You give him your 5* service?" He smirks, "only 4*" I play along, "5* service is saved for certain clientele" I joke.

"Is that so?" His gaze wears me down, I have to look away or I'll fall at his feet. 

"See you at the firehouse" I walk away first. 

*

"Olivia can we talk?" Otis corners me in the locker room, "do I have a choice or?" I close my locker. "You were right" wasn't expecting that, "I have been so selfish about this whole thing" he admits, "you tried to be nice about it but my ego got in the way" he apologises

"Brian, you know how much I care for you" I remind him, "which is why I know you deserve so much better than me."

He nods, sitting down on the bench and I join him.

"Do you really think that we couldn't make it?" He mumbles and I painfully nod, honesty is the way to go, I don't want to give him false hope. "Because I am willing to do whatever to keep you Olivia, to make us work" he promises. 

"That's the thing, it shouldn't be this hard" I point out. 

"You can't really tell me that you are happy in this relationship," I say and he looks down, thinking about what I am saying. "We weren't meant to last forever and you know that" he knows I am right. 

"If you really feel like we are each other's person, tell me now" I challenge.

He doesn't respond, still staring at the floor. 

"Did I really make you happy? Or was it just the idea of us that made you happy?" I pose. 

His silence gives me an answer. 

He nods, taking it all in, he knows I am right. Us breaking up is the best thing to do right now. 

"This is it, isn't it?" He sighs.