Ch.2: Bad Guy

Song: Billie Eillish - Bad Guy (Tiësto Remix)

After the free time that the patients had to be on the courtyard was over, everyone went back inside. Michael was a little disappointed that the little (h/c) haired girl didn't notice his presence, even when she took her time to talk with the others patients and nurses. He noted that she talked more with one of the patients, he was a tall, dark skinned man with many tattoos over his bald head, and while the nurse was distracted flirting with one of the guards, little (Y/n) gave the big patient her candy to keep chatting cheerfully with the now, happy patient.

"Why don't you go talk to her?" Dr. Loomis asked every five minutes, however, his words didn't seem to affect Michael as all his attention was on the girl.

But now he couldn't distract himself with the thoughts of (Y/n), right now, his mother waited for him in the other area. Nevertheless, he couldn't help himself to look around to see if the little girl was there too. But she wasn't.

'Perhaps his father is that other Lecter'

"Michael!" a tired-looking Deborah smiled when she looked at his son sitting in front of her with his doctor behind him "Tell me, how was your day?"

Michael looked down at his hands before answering in a hushed voice "I went to the courtyard today"

"Really?" Deborah said looking at the doctor which he smiled and nodded "That's great dear, and what did you do?"

He just shrugged "Nothing much, I just sat there"

"O-Oh, but did you like it?"

The boy thought about the smiling girl walking around "Yes"

The mother smiled at his son hoping to make some progress into making him a sane person "I'm happy to hear that"

They had a little conversation with Michael asking again if he could go home, after some time a guard approach them announcing that the visit time was over and they should bid goodbye.

○●○●

While Michael was walking through the halls with a nurse on his side towards the cafeteria to have dinner, he heard an argument going on the inside the director's office.

"I'm telling you, that guard is a threat to the patients" a feminine voice said.

"Ms. Dolores, I understand your concern but without any kind of proof we can't just fire him for some rumors"

"Michael, we are going to be late to dinner, besides, overhearing other conversations is not good" the nurse said pulling a little his arm and after a couple seconds he complied.

"Proofs? That ass broke the poor little girl's violin and I'm sure that he abuses some of the patients, if we keep him here it's just a matter of time before something horrendous happens"

And as the words left the nurse's lips hell broke in the cafeteria, they all watched as some random patient jump into a guard to stab him repeatedly with a plastic knife right into his right eye.

Michael stood a little astonished at the scene in front of him while some other guards tried to take the patient off the screaming guard.

The other nurses quickly evacuated the patients from the area and before the nurse next to him could take him outside the cafeteria, he looked at his side to see the girl from the courtyard, everything seemed to go in slow motion as he looked at her while she was smiling, only this time it wasn't the sweet and cheerful smile that she always had. No... this time, that smile was a sadist one, as if she was enjoying the view in front of her.