Ch.12: Do I know you?

Song: Mr. Blue - Catherine Feeny.

(A/n): So... I thought two ending for this story and I couldn't choose between those two so I'm writing both (: )

[Ending 1/2: Bad Ending]

The sanitarium received the notice that her patient (Y/n) Lecter died on the way of the hospital, the hits on her head were dangerously mortal and that she couldn't recover from the blood loss... but Michael knew what happened, he wasn't an idiot like everyone else.

It has been four years since Michael saw her...

He was fucking mad at her... she left him on his own on this hell hole. Every single day he couldn't stop thinking about her, he convinced himself that he hated her and if he sees her again, he will kill her with his own hands.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

(Y/n) wakes up on the morning when she hears her phone ring, yawning, she sits up and picks up phone.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, little deer. Did I wake you up?"

(Y/n) smiles at the voice of her father. Ever since she moved to Illinois, he has been calling her every morning, every day.

"Not at all, I just arrived from my morning run" she yawns.

She hears her father chuckle from the other line "You know, today is a beautiful day in here. Why don't you move back?"

"I'm fine" she sits up and rubs her eyes "I will visit you on Christmas, though"

He sighs "Alright, just be careful out there... I heard that some patients escaped from a sanitarium nearby"

"Oh... Don't worry, dad. I'll be fine" she gets up and walks closer to the window opening the blinds.

"I know you will"

She smiles "Well, I'm going to get ready for my morning run"

"Didn't you just arrived from your morning run?"

She stays silent for a minute "Uhm... I can't hear you"

"(Y/n)..."

"The......signal... is bad"

Her father laughs "Just take care, okay?"

"I will, dad. I love you"

"Love you too"

When she hears him hanging up the phone, she hangs up as well.

It's been four years since she lost her memory, luckily for her, she had her father that helped her recover most of it.

Like playing her favorite instrument, the piano or reading her favorite type of books, like romantic ones. He couldn't help her more than that so she had to adapt with it.

She didn't remember anything from her past life, however, there was something inside of her that was begging her to come in here. She didn't understand why but she decided to satisfy that little need of hers.

This place wasn't that bad, everyone was friendly and she loved how autumn looked in here.

But she wasn't fully satisfied and she couldn't understand why. Taking a deep breath to get rid of her train of thoughts, she exits her room to start her routine.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Once she finishes her morning run, she starts walking towards her house.

She stops suddenly, her senses never failed her and right now, she could sense the presence of someone watching her.

Turning around, she sees a masked man standing a few meters behind her.

.

.

.

There was no mistake... it was her. Her hair was (shorter/longer) than the last time he saw her. She wasn't wearing the same clothes from the hospital and something on her eyes was different from before...

He waited so long to meet her again, he was hoping to see her running to him and apologizing for leaving him behind. But she was just standing there, looking at him as if he was some kind of stranger to her.

She didn't overthink the stranger man looking at her, Halloween was coming so it was common that people were starting to put on a costume. Turning around, she continues walking to her house leaving the man behind.

And that angered him.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

(Y/n) was looking on her refrigerator to get a mid-night snack, she loved spending the night watching T.V shows.

"Mr. Blue..." she starts singing an old song that she had on her mind "I told you that I love you, please believe me..."

The back door from her house opens silently.

"Mr. Blue... I had to go now, darling don't be angry" she grabs the bread from her shelf and prepares herself a sandwich.

The quiet steps were silenced from the sound of the T.V.

"I know that you are tired, know that you're sore and sick and sad for some reason" she grabs the juice from her refrigerator.

A figure stands on the kitchen entrance looking at the woman giving her back towards him.

"So I leave you with a smile, kiss you on the cheek and you will call it treason" she puts the box back on the refrigerator
"Mr. Blue..."

She feels a cold chill on her spine as she turns around to face the same man from the morning.

They stare at each other for a couple of seconds, she tilts her head and breaks the silence.

"Do I know you?"

The man walks closer to the woman and grabs her from her throat lifting her up from the floor.

The woman holds his wrists looking down at the man's eyes. Somehow, she wasn't afraid of death, she didn't mind the pain either but she was confused.

Shouldn't she be scratching his arms? Try to scream for help? Or maybe kick him so he could free her?

Something inside of her made her feel relieve that the man in front of her was the one taking her life.

Slowly, as she feels her consciousness slip away, she extends her hand to the masked man and places it on his head patting it a little.

Michael looks surprised at her face that held a little smile on her lips and some kind of compassion on her eyes.

Suddenly, her hand leaves his head and falls limply to her side.

Michael slowly lets her fall on the floor kneeling next to her. He looks at her dull eyes as he held her closer to his chest.

He thought that once he took revenge of her for leaving him, he would feel satisfied.

So why?

Why does his chest hurt so badly?

He couldn't take his eyes off her lifeless body, he was hoping that she would laugh at him and tell him that she was just messing with him and then ask for ice cream or something like that.

But she wasn't breathing anymore.

He hugs the body closer to him as he feels tears starting to form on his eyes.

He wishes that things didn't finish that way.
.
.