Ch.10: Infirmary.

Song: Dance With the Devil - Breaking Benjamin.

Michael stood still as the girl finished her story, he couldn't take his eyes off her.

"After that, Hannibal taught me how to read, play the violin, be a little manipulative... oh, and play chess..." she giggles "He is like a father to me and at this point I don't care if he uses me, kills me or eats me"

Michael grabs her hand and shakes his head.

"What?" she looks at him and sees him shake his head again.

"Not what? Not use me? Kill me?"

He points at himself and then points at her.

"Are going to protect me?... Or kill me?"

Michael stands still for a second and then nods.

"Well, that's relieving" she giggles and hugs him.

He freezes on his spot and slowly hugs her back.

"I like you Michael... a lot, actually... and just for your information... I'll kill you first"

Michael grunts and hugs her tighter.

"Okay, okay" she pats his back "I understand"

He smiles under his mask and lets her go.

"So... this not talking thing it's forever or...?"

He shrugs and lays back on his bed.

"Right..." she lays next to him and looks at the ceiling.

Michael turns his face to look at her and slowly tries to grab her hand.

"My, my" she chuckles and holds his hand "Holding hands on bed? Take me to a date first"

He rolls his eyes and grips her hand making her laugh.

"I like you too" she says and closes her eyes.

Michael didn't mean to signal that, but it was fine, because he did like her... or even more than just like her. He wanted to be every second with her, she understands him, doesn't judge him, she's just as crazy as he is, she is pretty, she's caring towards him and she likes him.

So he wants her all for himself.

"Michael..." she mutters.

He turns his face to look at her.

"I think you just dislocated my thumb"

He lets her hand go and sits up to look at her hand, she sits as well and raises her hand.

"Well shit, that hurts like fucking hell" she smiles and puts her thumb back "Whatever you are thinking, please stop" she massages her hand "Your hold is getting stronger everyday, geez" she stands up and he quickly garbs her wrist.

She sighs "I have to go, I'll be back tomorrow"

He grunts and pulls her towards him.

"If someone notices that I'm not in my cell I'll be on trouble and the guards would have a reason to beat the living hell out of me"

He frowns at the thought and lets her go.

"I'll return, I swear" she kisses his masked cheek and turns to leave but he grabs her wrist once again.

"Michael" she turns to face him "I already told you that-"

He raises his hand on motion of stop talking and lifts his mask signaling his cheek.