Ch.6: Closer to the edge.

Song: One Step Closer - Linkin Park.

As the days passed by, the screwy friendship grew closer. When his punishment ended, they would spend the whole afternoon together, Hannibal found this intriguing but he never interfered nor said something against it.

Now, Dr. Loomis, he was astonished, he tried talking about it with Michael but all he said wasn't really relevant, like, her favorite color, her favorite song or things like that. Michael would talk about her even with his mother, which was pleased with his new friend but she was a little concerned that he only talked about her and nothing else -Well, he would also ask about going home-

Every time that Michael was punished -because he would talk back to the guards that bother him and (Y/n)- and told to stay inside, (Y/n) would play the violin by the closest window and at night they would go to the rooftop to read, talk, and eat chocolate. She spent more time with Michael than other patient or nurse for the reason that Michael was very possessive of her, he would never let her out of his sight and he would always follow her like a lost puppy.

Dr. Loomis even tried to talk with (Y/n)'s doctor but he wasn't very cooperative. It has been over a year and they were almost inseparable, sometimes, some nurses warned (Y/n) about Michael or they would even separate them with some lame excuse but she always brushed it off, however, every day, Michael, loathed a little more those disgusting nurses that were constantly taking him one step closer to the edge.

●○●○

At the moment, (Y/n) and Michael were playing 'Battleship' with a paper and crayons on the courtyard.

(Y/n) looks at the masked kid in front of her "C-8"

Michael shakes his head.

"Dammit, Mickey" she sighs "Ever since you started using masks I can't read your expressions"

He chuckles "A-5"

"I hate you" she threw her crayon on the table "You cheated"

"I didn't, you're bad at this game"

She groans "I never played this game before" she then gasps happily "Let's play Poker"

"No, you always cheat" he takes another paper and starts drawing.

"It's not cheating if you don't get caught" she replies with a smile and then looks at her side "Your doctor is pretty creepy" A few tables away from them, Dr. Loomis was sitting with Hannibal -who was reading a book- looking at the children and writing things down.

He just shrugs "What about yours?"

"What about my doctor?" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"I never saw him before" he signals the crayon near her "Pass me that one"

She hands him the crayon "We talk in the morning, he brings me breakfast"

"How do you do that?" he looks at her.

"I'm too cute" she says casually.

"Oh" he looks down and hands her the paper.

"What's this?" she grabs the paper and looks at the drawing.

"It's the mask I'll make for you" he says without taking his eyes off her.

"How sweet!" she giggles happily.

"Don't misunderstand my intentions, I'm going to do it to hide your face. I can't stand your sickening smile" he lies.

He loved seeing her face, however, he wanted to do something for her due to all the things she had done for him. Also he may or not may be catching feelings for the (h/c) haired girl. At first he only thought his overprotectiveness was just because she was his only friend and he didn't want to lose that, but now, he wants and needs her... nothing nor no one would separate them.