Chapter 32

After our first night together, I could not get my mind off of him. The way Ryland held me in his arms. The look in his eyes. I wanted more. I needed him. After the party, we spent any day we could together. Talking about anything and everything while stealing a few naughty moments here and there.

Ryland was a good distraction from everything that was swirling around in my head. So, when Ellis took a weekend to go on a business trip I took no time at all to invite Ryland over. A romantic weekend with just the two of us was just what I needed. Especially since anytime Ryland came over, Ellis made a point to be the biggest cockblock in the world.

The two of us would be in my room, talking at first, then of course things would escalate. Ryland's hands through my hair and his breath on my neck. Just as his hands were making their way up my shirt, Ellis would come knocking. But, I didn't have to worry about that for a couple of days.

When I opened the front door, Ryland stood there with a cheesy grin holding a bouquet of colorful flowers.

"Hey, you." He bent down, giving me a soft kiss. I noticed a small duffle bag in his other hand.

"What's this?"

He glanced down at the bag. "Ellis is finally out of town, giving us the place to ourselves and I intend to make the most of it."

I smiled, grabbing a fist full of his shirt and pulling him into another kiss. This one, much more intense. He dropped his bag and the flowers to the ground and gripped my waist, pulling me deeper into him. My breathing spiked. My heart raced.

"Why don't we take this upstairs," he breathed against my plump lips. I nodded. He took my hand and led us up to my bedroom.

I was tossed onto the bed and he jumped, eagerly, on top of me. His lips slammed against mine again. My hand unbuttoned his shirt and exposed his chest. He did the same with mine. My once neatly ironed red button-down was tossed to the floor in a wrinkled mess, but I didn't care. All I cared about was him. He unbuttoned my shorts and slipped in hand delicately into them. I moaned against his lips and I could tell he was smiling. So, I did the same to him. Unbuttoning his pants and slipping my hand inside.

In one quick motion, we were both naked and I was on top of him. He held me tight and I felt so safe. We made love for what felt like forever until we laid beside each other and he held me tightly in his grasp.

"I am so lucky," he said, moving a few strands of hair from my eyes. "I can be myself with you, and it feels amazing."

"I'm the lucky one. When I first came here, I never thought I would find someone like you." My fingers trailed over his bare chest. Teasing the only two chest hairs he had.

"I don't want you to leave."

"What?" I propped my head on my hand.

"When I asked you at the beach that day if you were going to move back to Oak Grove, you were on the fence about it. I just don't want you to go." With everything going on, I honestly forgot for a moment about Oak Grove and my mother and the application that I submitted to Harbor View University. Could I really stay here if I got in and leave my mother on her own? Was I that selfish? She was my mother. I couldn't just abandon her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you..." Ryland said, rubbing my shoulder. I shuddered under his touch.

"You didn't. I guess I just have a lot of things to think about."

***

The following night was yet another beach party. It was like the people of Harbor View had nothing better to do with their time than party on the beach. But of course, I went. I needed to get out of my head yet again. I was conflicted. If I got into the university, could I really leave my mother behind? I also didn't want her to think I was choosing Ellis over her. But the drama here is just too much for me to handle, maybe it would be better for my sanity to move back home. But, how could I just leave Ryland behind?

I stood on the back deck watching people litter the beach as they danced to music around the large bonfire and drank from their red solo cups.

"Here you go." Ashley handed me a cup filled with a dark liquid. I lifted it to my lips and let the fizzy fluid burn my throat as I chugged it down. The sensation wasn't enough to get me out of my head. But Ryland emerging shirtless from the ocean was. The bonfire illuminated his chiseled torso as it tensed in the chilled evening air. "I'm gonna go find Bradley," Ashley said, obviously noticing the sexual tension between Ryland and I as he walked up onto the deck.

"Are you okay? You've been quiet all night."

"Yeah... I'm fine. Just in my head."

"Well why don't we get you another one of these," he flicked my almost empty cup, "and start having a little bit of fun."

"I like that idea," I laughed, taking his hand and he led us onto the sand. We walked over to a makeshift bar which was just a couple of folding tables covered in various alcohols. Ryland concocted a drink for me and I took it without reluctance and took a long swig.

"Careful, it's probably strong." Trust me, strong was what I needed.

I glanced over my shoulder at the bonfire. And there she was. Kristin sat next to the burning logs glaring at us. The fire lit up her hateful eyes and tensed body. I placed my hand on Ryland's back, raising my brow at her. I could tell she scoffed and I couldn't help but feel the tiniest bit of joy from the look on her face. Then, Holden walked over, slinging his arm around her shoulder and her face contorted to one filled with much more disgust. The two were meant for each other, And after my little encounter with the two of them, I'm sure neither one of them will ever try to mess with me again.

"Wanna get out of here?"

"And go where?" I asked Ryland whose smile was lit up by the moon. He started walking along the beach and I followed close on his heels until we reached the spot where we had our little heart to heart. The night he beat the shit out of Holden. No one was in sight. Just what we needed.

"Why are we here?"

"I just wanted a moment alone with you." He pulled me into a kiss. The cold ocean water made its way up the shore, sending an icy chill up my body. Goosebumps sprang up along my arms, but maybe it was from the kiss.

"Let's go in," I suggested, as I tugged my shirt over my head. Maybe it was all of the alcohol I had consumed that night which made me be so spontaneous. But I didn't care. My buzz took control and I was slipping off my shorts and unhooking my bra. "I'll race you." And with those last words, I ran into the water. I could hear Ryland splashing from behind me.

I stopped running when the water reached my mid-torso. Ryland took me into his arms. His wet naked body made me only want him more. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pulled him into a deep kiss. I had only been skinny dipping one other time, and it was the most uncomfortable experience of my life. But this, with him, I felt at home. I felt amazing.

He trailed kisses from my neck to my bare chest then back up to my lips. The entire time I clutched him close to me. Never letting the current pull us apart. I have to say, ocean sex is amazing. It was an experience I will never forget. But Ryland made it that way. The way he held me and kissed me. I couldn't get enough. I never wanted that night to end.