1

I'm Anna Winston. I'll be turning 18 and so is my twin sister. She is younger than me but is more preferred by my parents. My father is the beta of our pack and thinks that Hannah can be the mate of our soon to be Alphas. Yea Alpha's'. They are twins and will be sharing the title. My elder brother Richard will become the Beta soon. He is the only one who treats me well.

Hannah shifted to her wolf when she was 16 and I transformed a few months ago. My wolf was bigger than her's but they claimed her to be more feminine. I would call it small and weak. My wolf was white with blue eyes and her's was brown with blue eyes. Even though my wolf color was rare and beautiful no one appreciated it. They just think off all the good things I got that one and Hannah has the other good things. I know I'm faster and stronger than her but no one cares. In human form we both look identical but she is stylish and popular. I'm just a normal student who is the elder twin of Ms.Popular.

*****

Today is my eighteenth birthday. I dressed up for school. I wore a blue sleeveless croptop and white high waist  jeans with my white sneakers. I wasn't into heels as I was already 5'9. Hannah was 5'7 so she wore heels. I tied my brownish black hairs into a ponytail and walked to school. Hannah had a car for herself while I didn't. Richard would drop me to school but he had become busy with the Beta title transfer things so I decided to walk. It's just 15 minutes route.

I plugged in the earphones and walked on the sideways murmuring the song to myself. The road was mostly empty during working hours. I bought a coffee on the way. My best friend Nancy wasn't coming today because of fever. I literally didn't wanted to go either but here I am.

I saw a old lady had dropped her bag and all her things were shattered on the ground. She seemed to be a human I squatted near her and helped her with the things. "Thank you so much dear." She smiled at me. I smiled at her. "Your bag seems heavy. Do you need any help?" I asked concerned. "Oh sure. My house's nearby." She replied. I quickly gulped the last sip of my coffee and threw the can to the bin.

I helped her to her home. She really was sweet. "Thank you so much Anna dear." She patted my cheek and I smiled. "Do you want to come in?" She asked. "No Grace I have to go to school." I replied and quickly looked at my wrist watch. "Crap! I'm gonna be late. I'll stop by later." I ran to school.

The classes had already started when I reached. I ran to my locker when I dashed into someone's back. I fell the ground on butt. "I'm so sorry-" I stopped midsentence when I looked at the person. "Alpha?" I whispered.

"MATE! MATE! MATE!" My wolf shouted and I froze on spot. His apple scent hit my nose. Tears filled my eyes and I quickly looked down. He too wouldn't want me. I can't bear to be rejected by him now. I saw him give me a hand but I got up on my own. "I'm sorry Alpha." I ran away before he could say anything.

I entered Mr.Powell's lecture. Thankfully I was his favorite student so he let me slid in. I couldn't take my mind off his blue eyes. It was Nicholas. He was the younger one. According to my parent's assumptions he should have been my sister's mate. Hannah even told them that liked her. Every negative point wandered in my mind and I was sure he would reject me. I can't believe I'm this unlucky. My wolf shouted at me for making random assumptions.

The lecture ended and I walked out last.  I prayed that I didn't meet him. "Did you hear? Hannah and Alpha Nicholas are mates!" I stiffened when I heard that. My eyes filled with tears. He is my mate! I bit my lips and ran to the washroom. I softly sobbed. Why does this happen to me?

I walked to the canteen after two lectures. I stopped at my place when I saw Hannah on Nicholas's lap. She was feeding him lunch. My wolf was angry and jealous. I turned around and left. I didn't see them the rest of the day.

I was walking back home when I saw Grace. "Anna dear we met again." She smiled at me and I smiled back. "I've made some cake. Come try some." She pulled me to her house. "Anything special?" I asked as we entered the house. "It's my husband's birthday." She replied. "Where is he?" I asked looking around. "He died 6 years ago." She replied and I quickly apologized. She just smiled and took out the cake. She gave me a slice. I felt tears in my eyes. "Is everything alright dear? She asked "It's my birthday too." I replied looking down. "Aww! Happy birthday dear." She hugged me and I hugged her back.

After eating cake I helped her clean up. She went upstairs to get something. Their was a knock on the door and I went to open. I looked up and froze.