27- ... And Live Again

A/N- Is that GIF making anybody else cry too? No? Just me? Okay...

But I just want him to be happy. Happy Simon is my favourite.

Ethan stared at the ground and then back up at Raphael in shock with tear stained cheeks. He had two options. Let Simon die, or turn him into a vampire. Was turning his friend into a monster really worth it to get him back?

Raphael sighed. "Sé que no es una gran opción..."   (I know its not much of a choice...)

Ethan interrupted him mid-sentence "Es una elección de cualquier manera. Gracias por intentar salvar a mi mejor amigo"    (Its a choice either way. Thank you for trying to save my best friend).

Raphael pinched the bridge of his nose, his own eyes glistening with guilt. "Desearía haber hecho algo. Siento que es mi culpa" (I wish I could have done something. I feel like its my fault)

 Ethan narrowed his eyes at Raphael "¿qué te hace pensar eso?" (What makes you think that?)

"Si no estuviera en la reunión, podría haberlo salvado. No estaría en esta situación" Raphael insisted. (If I wasn't at the meeting, I could have saved him. He wouldn't be in this situation)

"No lo sabías. Esto no es tu culpa" Ethan argued back, getting up and hugging Raphael, who stiffened before returning it with a light tap on the back. (You didn't know. This isn't your fault)

As Ethan stepped back, Clary groaned at Ethan.

"Stop speaking in Spanish! I have a right to know what's going on too! Now what is he saying about Simon??" she all but shrieked.

Ethan sighed, wiping his eyes and attempting to supress the tears that were spilling out.

"He said we can bring him back, but not in the way he is now"

Clary gasped and held a hand over her mouth. "You mean, Simon can come back? Alive and breathing?"

"That's just the thing," Izzy chimed in next, understanding everything from the look that her parabatai gave her, "he won't be alive or breathing"

"He will be a vampire," Jace added, also catching on to what was going on.

Clary got up and started pacing in frustration. 

"Well, what are my options?" She shouted at Raphael.

"Hang on a minute," Ethan said, holding his hand up, "your option?  You think you'll be making this decision on your own?"

Clary turned violently to face Ethan. "I'm not being funny, E. But he's my best friend. Your just my brother to him"

Ethan laughed bitterly. "Are you kidding me Clarissa? Now, of all times?! "

"I'm being dead serious!" she shouted back at him, causing both Raphael and Alec to glare at Clary.

Ethan folded his arms over his chest. "Oh really? So it was you who stopped him from getting bullied by those guys? And it was you that helped him through that rough patch with his mom? And I suppose you even tutored him when he was flunking?"

"Ethan," Clary started to protest, but was interrupted by Ethan.

"No, Clary," Ethan said, getting riled up by her constant judgement, "I am sick of you thinking that I don't care for Simon as much as you do. You know full well that I am his best friend too. I don't know what happened between us, or why you suddenly hate me, but we do this together, for him. No arguments"