8. RUEFUL REFLECTIONS.

Aman Mathur was taken aback when ASR had texted him in the middle of the night , stating that he needed to talk to him the next day about something IMPORTANT. Aman knew the word important was synonymous to PERSONAL in ASR's Dictionary and that something was definitely wrong .

Now  Aman sat with his bosses and their respective wives in a secluded cafeteria . The piece of information he'd received from them few minutes ago was too overwhelming. He shifted his gaze to ASR . ASR was a few years younger than him , but the his maturity never failed to amuse Aman. In the years that Aman had worked for ASR , he'd learnt that the only thing that ASR really cared about was his sister and his family and he would do anything for them.

He then looked at ASR's wife. She had been his colleague once and during those days, she'd managed to somehow keep the ASR occupied with only her thoughts. It had been amusing to watch her ace her way out of any situation that ASR had put her through, without compromising on her values and beliefs.

The night that ASR had demanded him to bring marriage papers, had shook him. He still didn't know the reason , why ASR had married the popularly known CHAMKILI.

He concentrated on the current situation. ASR's brother-in-law was one disgusting human being , who'd played with the lives of two women. He had to get as much information about him as possible and that too as soon as possible. Aman understood the sensitivity of the issue. The responsibility that came with it, was tremendous. ASR was going to tell his sister about her tyrant of a husband solely based on his findings and he didn't want to disappoint ASR.

**************************************

The two couples had returned back to Shantivan after an hour of discussion with Aman .

"Bachchon! Did you have breakfast? " asked Nani to the four.

"Ji Nani." They answered.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye !! What ijj happening puhleejjj ? Are the Bahuriyas already tired of eating breakfast at home? ." Mami snickered.

" Manorama!" Nani retorted . Mami huffed.

" Mami ! Nani ! Don't get started again . Atleast let my brothers and their wives settle down " said a beaming Anjali.

" Yes Yes Maasiji !! Let them rest after their double taarikh " NK added .

" Guys... let's get back to our respective chores . Or else , these guys will keep teasing us ." said Aakash .

Anjali laughed at that .

" Anjali Bitiya , Where is Damaad ji ? I haven't seen him since morning ." asked Nani.

Anjali's smile faltered a little at that . "He left for some work last night Nani. He will be back." Anjali didn't want to think about him . Especially when her whole family seemed so happy.

Nani nodded.

Arnav was relieved that the slime was out , but he did notice the sadness on his sister's face. How he hated to see her in distress . He had to check if she was okay .

With that Anjali left to her room.

**************************************

Khushi's hands were cooking , while her mind was preoccupied with the happenings of the morning. A feeling of relief spread through her. Concrete proof against the snake would finally be gathered .

Her thoughts again shifted back to that one person. Her heart beat at its own accord. The past two days had emotionally drained her. These two days, she'd got the Arnavji she'd wished for since the day she'd fallen in love with him, but the scars he'd given her forbade her from accepting him. She noticed how he still couldn't meet her eyes fully and in the brief moments their eyes had met, she'd seen guilt , pain and love in them.