14. INVALIDATING INSECURITIES.

Khushi broke down as her husband left the room to herself. She didn't mean to hurl words at him like that but she couldn't help herself at that moment. Now that the thoughts that had been haunting her were out in the open, the heaviness that filled her had reduced a little. She'd told him she'd forgiven him and she had. Again, his remorseful face appeared before her and she felt unbearable pain seep through her.

She brought her knees to her chest and hugged them. She was getting tired. Tired of all the drama, all the mess. She only wanted to have a simple, normal life. "Is it too much to ask for, Devi Maiyya?" she whimpered.

She calmed herself down after minutes.
She rested her head on her knees and just sat like that thinking particularly about nothing. EKANTH was what she needed.

**************************************

Anjali looked on as her brother walked to the study. She'd never seen him so vulnerable before. She wanted to wipe that worry that etched his face but she didn't dare to move. Something told her that he'd recover on his own and that she needn't interfere anymore.

Initially, she'd had a small doubt regarding her Chotte and Khushiji's relationship but as the days progressed it seemed to wane off and it had completely disappeared the day she'd had a conversation with him, about falling in love with Khushiji.

She understood that the Media's insensitive portrayal of her brother's marriage must have created tiffs between the couple in question. Especially, when Khushiji was still new to all the hustle and bustle of his life.

She just prayed that the two of them sorted their issues quickly.

**************************************

The Breakfast table was unusually silent. Every member exchanged nervous glances with each other. They had sensed the awkwardness in the air.

Payal and Khushi were occupied with serving the dishes. Khushi was doing it mechanically while Payal seemed to be lost in thought. Amma had called her to inquire about Khushi. She knew that the News had surely bothered Khushi, but decided to give her sister some time for herself. But, the overprotective elder sisterly instincts of Payal, didn't seem to stop worrying for Khushi.

As Payal was about to serve a dish to Arnav, Khushi immediately grabbed the bowl and ladle from her sister's hand.

"JIJI!! What are you doing?." Khushi shrieked.

The Raizadas were stunned hearing Khushi's voice.

Is she going to deny me food because she's angry at me thought Arnav.

" Not this Jiji !! This ..." Khushi said handing over a different bowl to Payal.

Payal muttered an apology as she realised that she was about to serve Kheer with sugar instead of the sugar-free one.

The rest of the family relaxed, biting down their smiles.

Arnav was moved by Khushi's concern for him. This wasn't the first time he was witnessing it. The fact that she always managed to put their differences aside when it came to his health made his heart flutter.

What did I do to deserve someone like her? he thought and the hole in chest widened. He sighed. He didn't deserve even her care or concern and hoping for her love seemed stupid.

**************************************

Aakash walked into his brother's cabin only to find him leaned against his chair with eyes closed and hand resting over his forehead. His Bhai looked thoroughly tired , distressed. He didn't want to disturb him, but he needed to talk to him. It was important.