30. ROMANTIC RAPTURES.

A delicate caress that travelled across her cheek, woke Khushi up. She slowly, fluttered her eyes open. The hum of the pitter patter, danced in the background.

"Morning." her husband wished, as he pressed his lips to her temple, making her sigh with contentment.

"Good Morning."she replied, blinking away the morning haziness. Her lips twitched into a curve- a shy smile, quite a contrast to her usual ones.

"Have I ever told you, how beautiful you are?" The words just flew out of him, as he was held captive by her radiance.

Her cheeks turned a tinge darker than they already were. Of course, he'd told her (so many times, until she'd lost count) , plus, he'd also made her feel beautiful, only the previous night.

"Wow... Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada has turned speechless." he commented, raising an eyebrow.

"Arnavji!" mithered Khushi, darting a  hand to his chest.

"Okay, Relax... I'll stop kidding....Umm.. Khushi, you want to sleep in or shall I ask the staff to make tea for you.."

"Nahi... I'll make tea, but... after sometime. I don't feel like getting out of bed now..." she replied groggily, stifling a yawn.

"Oh!! That's a better idea." Mischief played in Arnav's tone.

Khushi stared agape at him, making Arnav chuckle. He'd set himself a secret mission to keep turning her crimson.

His light laugh earned him another mild blow from her. "What happened to  your 'I'll stop kidding' now?" she accused.

"Who said I was kidding? I'm serious.. One hundred percent serious." he claimed, winking at her.

"Do whatever you want..Laad Governor.." she pretend ranted, shifting to face away from him.

Within seconds, her husband joined her, spooning her from behind.

"Hey," he called out softly.

"Hmm.."

"You know, before you literally fell into my life... there was always this void.... a nagging incomplete feeling.... In short, you complete me. Like, puzzle pieces...You get it, right?" he divulged. He'd never opened up to anyone, like he did with her.

Turning to face him, she cupped his jaw and looked straight into those dreamy deep dark eyes of his. "What if I tell you, it's the exact same way I feel?"
No one but her, would get it better, on  what he'd meant.

Arnav smiled a little, before he bent to touch his lips with hers for a little peck.

As they broke apart, Khushi visibly shivered a little. Arnav realized, unlike him, Khushi was only clothed by the comforter.

"You should get dressed, Khushi.." He said, reaching for the Air Conditioner's controller.

She nodded, and sat up securing the blanket around her.

On her way to the washroom, she heard her Arnavji call her. "Khushi,"

"What is it, Arnavji?"

"I love you, Dammit!" he said, with her favourite lopsided smile on.

It itched her to want to reply to it so badly, but the child in her had other plans...

"Thank You.. Dammit!" she told gleefully.

"What the..?!!"

"Khushi giggled her way into the washroom, leaving her husband crave more for the words, she was yet to reply.