29. SOULFUL SERENDIPITY.

A still, tranquil night, perfect to sleep in after a hectic day and an emotionally exhausting evening. But, sleep was was far away for Arnav.

The reason for his imsomnolence was none other but himself. Today, he'd realised how much his past affected his present. He'd finally understood, why his sister had kept on pushing him to get over it. His wife's words few days ago, to make his past a part of him, to face it and to move ahead finally made complete sense. Better late, than never he thought. It was high time, he left the baggage behind.

His wife on the other hand, was dozing rather peacefully. It immediately put a smile on his face. She was indeed a child in the guise of a woman. Watching her sleep, had become his fondest things to do.

As she stirred in her sleep, Khushi noticed Arnav awake through her hooded vision.

"Arnavji?.. You aren't asleep?" she sounded heavy with slumber.

"Huh!.. Khushi, you sleep... I will too. soon."

"What were you thinking that it ate your sleep off?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

Arnav let out a sigh. "Nothing special. Just, wasn't feeling as sleepy."

"Uh-huh! Not buying that. Kya hai? Tell me now." she demanded.

"Really Khushi, nothing serious... I was just doing some...umm....self-musing.."

"In the middle of night! Par kyu?" she knitted her brows in query.

Arnav smiled. "Kyunki... I've finally learnt my lesson, for letting my past influence who I am. And, I don't want that again."

"That's great." She said, warmth filling her tone.

"Great for us." added Arnav, wrapping an arm around her.

Shifting closer to him, Khushi held his face in her palm before placing a soft kiss on his stubbled cheek. Closing his eyes, Arnav drank in the brief moment.

"Great for us." she repeated and rested on his shoulder.

Arnav pecked her forehead in return. Khushi relaxed in his hold.

"Are you planning to sleep now or what?" she asked, looking up to him.

Arnav shut his eyes tightly, pretending to be asleep. Khushi lips curved up into a smile.

"Good Night...Laad Governor." she said, snuggling into him.

"Good Night." He whispered into her hair.

Khushi felt at home, in her little world.

*****

Khushi was tidying the room, before she could join the family for the morning. Her husband was busy tending to his plants. An usual morning for the two of them.

A knock interrupted them. It was Di. After her outburst at her brother, she'd bumped into a worried Aakash and Payal. She'd understood, they were aware of the occurrences between Chhote and Khushiji. The two of them gave her their side of the story and that brought a tad bit clarity to her.

"Di, Come in." rendered Khushi. A pinch of fear entwined her, on knowing what Di had come to talk about.

Arnav dropped his tools, and walked back into his room. His sister eyed him and turned back to his wife again.

"I know how sensitive and serious of a topic this is. I've nothing to say, especially when I can only imagine what you must've gone through Khushiji. " Anjali voiced out.

She shifted her gaze to her brother. " I of all people know, what pressurised you to go to an extent you did. No way can it justify what you did, but I hope you've learnt from this mistake of yours." her tone had changed to notably pointed one.