Chapter Nineteen

I close the front door behind me and lean against it. My eyes are slightly wide and I'm shaking a little, but a huge smile is plastered on my face.

"Azari, Honey?" Jasmin calls as she gets up from the couch. "Are you alright?"

I flick my eyes towards her and nod slowly. "He kissed me!"

She squeals and rushes over to hug me. "Oh, I'm so happy for you guys! You're such a cute couple, and I bet the date was fantastic!" My smile drops shyly and she leads me over to the couch. "Tell me everything!"

I giggle at her enthusiasm. "Well it was a cute little picnic in the woods." She sighs in content, making me laugh again. "He brought a blanket and an assortment of food. It was really nice!"

She beams, "what'd you guys talk about? Wait, never mind, that's probably personal; I don't need to know."

I decide to just continue and not answer the question yet. I'm not sure if she knows about Bryce being my mate. "Well it was going great until an arrow landed on the basket." Her smile drops instantly, her expression becoming intrigued and fearful.

"Someone shot at you?" I nod and she gasps, grabbing my hand. "Who was it? We're they Wolves?"

I nod again. "It was a man and two wolves. They were definitely Weres. And then. . . they just attacked us."

Jasmin's eyes were very wide. "What did you do? Why didn't you run back here?"

I look down and fiddle with my hands, knowing I'm going to have to tell her everything or I'll be pestered for days on end. "I came clean."

She stills, thinking this through. Before she can say anything else, little footsteps run down the stairs and suddenly Jupiter is on my lap. "Hey, Buddy!"

He grins at me. "Ry, you're back!"

I giggle. "I am! I'm telling Jasmin all about my day." I kiss the top of his head, "I think it's time to tell her."

Jasmin sucks in a breath, and Cole speaks up — who I didn't even know was standing in the doorway with Mason next to him. "Are you sure?" He says, "you shouldn't feel pressured into this."

I shake my head. "I'm not. I showed Bryce today, not really by choice, but it was long overdue anyway. You have become our new family — you took us in out of pure kindness. You deserve to finally know everything."

I nudge Jupiter off my lap, "wanna show them?"

"Shift? Or powers?" He whispers, but everyone can hear him.

"Up to you, Bud." He beams and ushers Mason across the room. Mason looks at his father nervously, but shuffles across the room.

"It won't hurt," Jupiter tells him. He grabs the older boy's hand and his own begin to glow very subtly. After a few seconds, Mason sinks to the floor, his eyes droopy.

"What was that?" He slurs tiredly. "I feel half dead!"

Jupiter giggles and crouches down to grab the boy's hand again. Soon enough Mason's eyes brighten and he seems to float around the room.

"What was that?!" He squeals, making us all laugh.

"Energy." Jupiter answers simply. He spreads his palm flat and actual sparks ignite across his skin — some turn to little bolts of lightning as he extends his arm across the room. He's careful not to touch anyone or anything with them, and I'm impressed with how much control he has over his abilities at this age. "I can also move the earth." He says calmly. "But I won't, because the house might collapse."