Chapter Twelve

I look up from the book I'm reading as the announcement is made about the Meteor Festival and us being able to attend again this year. The rest of the club chats in excitement to each other at the news. I simply shrug and go back to reading. Kind of. I'm not completely focused in the book and I feel someone sit down next to me. I look at Legosi and tilt my head. It has been a few months since the fight between him and Bill, sadly we still haven't gotten back to talking like we used to. It's better than it was before though. "You don't seem that excited (Y/N)." I shrug.

"I am, but I'm not at the same time. We've done this before however getting off campus would be nice." I smile at the much taller wolf and he smiles back at me. A small smile, but a smile nonetheless. We both sit in comfortable silence as others chat around us a bit more. The rest of the art apartment soon joins Legosi and I against the mirror. Dom goes on about how the art department is going to be busy again this year. I wasn't sure on what I am going to be doing for the festival considering last year Louis just had me oversee all the drama club activities. I'm probably going to be doing that again this year to be completely honest.

The art club continues to converse and I stand, brushing off my skirt and grabbing my stuff. I head out the door but don't reach all the way when Louis grabs my arm. "And where do you think you're going?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow at the fellow deer, adjusting my grip on my bag.

"To my dorm? There isn't really much for me to do here." I shrug. "I also need to grab the list from last year to see what needs to get done." Louis hums as he thinks.

"Let me accompany you then." He says simply, now holding the door open. I walk through, muttering my thanks as he then takes place next to me.

"We won't have to worry about my dorm mates considering they are at their club activities." I explain. I smile and wave at a grey colored wolf that walks past us. He was in my science class. We didn't talk much but he was nice enough. Louis looks at me curiously.

"You associate with a lot of carnivores." He observes. I shrug absentmindedly as we continue to walk to my dorm. I guess growing up with a carnivorous mother does that to you. I don't say that out loud though. The two of us continue to walk, chatting about things idly. We also talk about the recent herbivore killings in the city and just life in general. Soon enough we get to the dorm and I easily open the door, stepping in.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I say sarcastically as I place my bag on my bed. Louis looks around at the disorganized but organized room. To everyone else our room looks disorganized but all my roommates and I know exactly where everything is. I walk over to the filing cabinet we all put money towards and open the drawer with my name on it. Louis watches in interest as I pull out a folder and hand it to him. "This is what we did last year." Louis and I sit next to each other on my bed as he flips through the folder.

"You wrote all this down?" I nod.

"Just so we don't do the same thing if we get invited again. I think we should keep the dinosaur though. That was a big statement last year." Louis nods, bringing his thumb to his lip as he continues to read. I stand, grabbing some clothes and going into the bathroom to change. I wanted out of this uniform. I just throw on some comfy clothing, nothing special really. I pause and look at the fawn spots on my skin before pulling my shirt on all the way. I reenter the dorm to see Louis waiting for me. He looks me over before turning and looking around the room again. The silence was awkward to say the least. My phone buzzes on the counter next to my bed and I reach over Louis to grab it. I snort as I look at the group chat of the dorm group. 'Rumor has it you're with Louis in the dorm, it's all yours for the night BB' I toss my phone on the bed and sit cross legged on it, turning to face Louis.

"The rest of the girls aren't coming back tonight. Wanna watch a movie?" I ask curiously. Louis shrugs.

"I don't see why not. I have nothing else to do today." I smile as I quickly jump off my bed and go over to the movie rack, debating on what movie to pick.

"Any specific genre?" I ask, looking over my shoulder. Louis shrugs and I huff, turning back to the shelf. I finally decided on Beetlejuice, pulling it down from the shelf and setting it up. I turn back to Louis and purse my lips. The only way we would be able to watch the movie facing the right way would be to sit on different beds. I shrug as I let Louis take my bed and I sit on another. Louis looks at me weirdly.

"There's plenty of room for the both of us on your bed." He scoots, patting the spot next to him. I purse my lips as I eye the small space. I eventually join Louis on my bed. We sit very close to each other, hips touching. We both lean back against the wall at the head of my bed, pillow being used for comfort. The movie starts and I smile. I love this movie.

~~~

Louis gives me the side eye as the credits begin. "I don't get how you like that movie." I gasp, looking at him in over dramatic horror. Louis rolls his eyes, a smile on his face. "You are a horrible actor."

"Offended." I say casually as I stand up, turning the TV off. I stretch, my back popping in satisfaction as I do so. "That was fun at least though!" I exclaim as I look at the other deer. He nods and I then realize that us sitting on the bed like that has caused his antlers to be pushed against the wall the entire time. I gasp. "I just realized your antlers have been pushed against the wall the entire time. I am so sorry." Louis waves his hand in dismissal at my words.

"Trust me, it's fine. I would have said something." I scoff.

"Says the one who tried to hide that fact he had a broken leg from everyone." I tease. Louis pauses a moment.

"Alright... you got me there." He shrugs. I laugh at his submission to my statement, shaking my head in amusement. I look at the time on my phone.

"Wanna grab some dinner?" Louis thinks for a moment.

"That sounds great."