Chapter Fifteen

I huff as I roll up my sleeves even higher than they were before. I was working on some of the backdrop for the Meteor Festival performance while the art team was working on the dinosaur. Being stage manager I was able to be used for multiple things when it comes to helping out. There really wasn't anyone to direct for this performance anyways considering it was just a dance or two. No blocking or anything like that. I glance up from my work, wiping my forehead and seeing Legosi and Haru talk. So Legosi was the grey wolf last night. I look back down at my work and stand up, looking at it from different angles. I wish it was like digital where you can flip the canvas. Sadly you cannot. I pick up the paintbrush once again to thicken a particular line in the line art. I tilt my head and nod in satisfaction as I pick up the green once again to finish painting the inside of one of the leaves. I still have a lot of work left to do considering I am the only one who is working on the background. Others are doing other things so I'm not complaining much... okay. It sounds like I'm complaining. I smile to myself at my antics as I hum slightly, continuing to paint the background. "[Y/n]!" Kai calls from the top of the T-Rex they're painting. I look up to see him waving his hand at me. We make eye contact and he smiles at me, gesturing to go up there. I give a thumbs up and I stand, dusting off my pants.

I begin climbing the scaffolding to meet with him and Legosi. Once I get to the top I huff. "I am never doing that again." The two boys laugh at me and I stick my tongue out at them.

"We know you were working on the background but we were wondering if you could help us?" I look down at my very unfinished work before sighing. I still had a lot of work to do but I would feel bad if I said no.

"Yeah, I'll help you guys out." They both smile and begin telling me what they need help with. Well, Kai was. Legosi was too busy watching something that was happening below. My eyebrows furrow as I look to see what he's watching. I spot Louis and Haru and I roll my eyes, going back to pick up the bucket that Kai asked me to use. I gasp as paint splatters all over me and I also drop the bucket in the process. "Legosi!" I shout in frustration and the wolf looks down at me, eyes widening. I take note of the paint that is spattered on his fur. I purse my lips as my shirt sticks to my body from the water, the paint easily staining it. Kai starts to laugh and I smack him upside the head. The clang of the bucket and my shout grabbed some attention but I didn't notice. I rub my eyes.

"I'm sorry [Y/N]." Legosi begins to stammer out, reaching his hands to me before pausing and pulling back. I wave my hand at him even though I'm still upset.

"I'm gonna go get more paint." I mumble as I begin to climb down the scaffolding. Due to the water on my shoe I slip and fall about three feet, landing on my butt. I groan, today just wasn't my day. I stand up and head over to the art area that is run by the art club. The moose sees me and begins to laugh. I glare at her before explaining the situation and she hands me more paint. I give a sarcastic thanks before turning around only to bump into a chest. I look up to see Louis looking down at me. I roll my eyes before stepping to the side and walking past him, not even saying a word. Yes. I'm petty. I stick my tongue out as I look up, trying to figure out how I'm going to get up there while carrying these paints. I need two hands to carry them. Kai seems to spot my situation and smiles down at me. "Just toss them up [Y/N]! We'll catch them!" I snort.

"Bold of you to assume that I have that type of strength!" Kai laughs before I toss up the paint. The Mongoose easily catches it and we keep up this routine for a bit. I don't see Legosi and I'm assuming he went to fill the water bucket again. I huff as I begin climbing once again, my muscles starting to burn. Damn hybrid traits. Kai sees my struggle and offers me a hand which I gladly take. We smile at each other as I begin to mix paints to get the right colors for the T-Rex. Kai and I then begin to paint in peaceful silence. There wasn't much left to paint anyways. The others were doing the lights inside of the statue.