Chapter 20

It has been a few days and Haru is back and safe. I'm not sure what exactly happened but Louis has been acting more distant from me. I sigh as I cross my ankles that dangle over the roof's edge. Maybe the kiss was nothing, just like I suspected. It sucks, but I can work past my feelings. I look down at all the tiny figures below and tilt my head when I see a limo pull up. A lion walks out and opens the door to the limo to reveal Louis. I see Louis look around at everyone and then he looks up to me. He knows I like to sit up here to think. I see him pull out his phone and mine begins to ring. I take out my phone and answer it. "Can I help you?" I ask sharply. I watch as Louis winces before looking to his left. 

"I'm sorry, for ignoring you. I have had a lot going on recently and it wasn't my intention to neglect you." I lean on my non-dominant hand. 

"I thought you didn't like me... after the kiss." I whisper. I hear a halt in Louis' breath before he shakes his head. 

"No, I don't hate you. It's the opposite really. Can you come down here?" I sigh, standing up and brushing off my bottoms. 

"I'll be right there." I end the call before collecting my things and walking down the stairs to meet Louis at the front of the school's campus. Once I get there I wearily look at the lions as they stare me down, chests puffed out. I fiddle with my fingers slightly as I approch Louis. The taller deer smiles down at me for a moment but then frowns. He reaches up, touching my right ear slightly. 

"The white fur is appearing on your ear." I wrap my arms around my stomach, feeling self-concious. 

"It appeared yesterday." Louis leans forewards, kissing my softly on the head. 

"I find it rather cute. Come along now." He says, wrapping an arm delecatly around my waist and leads me to the car. 

"Where are we going?" I ask as the lion closes the door, "and why are there a lion?" Louis pulls me tightly against his side, as if he missed being close to me. I settle myself down, although still a bit tense. 

"These past few days... I have recently become the boss of the Shishigumi." I gasp, looking at Louis with wide eyes. Louis looks away from me, his usual put together demenor showing nervousness. "I want you to continue to trust me the way you do. That's why I'm taking you to where I have been staying." I frown, looking out the window for a moment before turning back to Louis. 

"Does this mean... you killed the old boss?" Louis looks down at me, reading my face. He's trying to figure out how to phrase it even though we both know I already know the answer.

"He was going to kill Haru. He is also a thing of my past." That's when Louis began to tell me his life story. His childhood, how he grew up, everything. Once he finishes I wrap my arms around him, trying to hug him as best as I can. Louis freezes before hugging me in return, burying his snout into my neck and breahting in deeply. "Can we stay like this?" He asks quietly. I nod, even though this position was very uncomfortable for me. I shift slightly to try and get more comfortable. Louis huffs, unbuckling my seatbelt and pulling me onto his lap, making me face him and the back of the limo. He re wraps his arms around me once again, holding me tighter than before. 

"Thank you."  I mumble quietly, getting comfortable in the position and resting my head on Louis's shoulder, suddenly feeling tired. 

"Get some rest (Y/N), I'll wake you when we arrive." I nod quietly before drifting off to sleep. I feel the bumps of rocks underneath the car as the drive continues before feeling a shake on my shoulder, Louis gently waking me up. I open my eyes, looking around to see traditional japanese architecture. We soon both slide out of the car and I nervously smile at the lion who nods at me in return, not saying a word. Louis's arm remains firmly around my waist as we walk. I look around at everything and shrink slightly, feeling under dressed. "(Y/N), I'm not forcing you, but this group is also yours to control." I look up at him in shock as he looks down at me. "I informed the members that you are just as much of a priority as I am. Of course, you cannot tell anyone about this though." I nod quietly before we sit down at a dinner table with food already prepared and lions waiting. My eyes widen when I see meat laying on the table on all plates except for one. Louis makes sure to sit me next to his chair, in the only spot that doesn't have meat. 

All the lions watch me as I take in everything. I feel myself getting nauseous being surrounded by all this meat. I blink a few times before shakily picking up my fork and taking a bite of my salad. Everyone else took that as a sign to eat and soon I hear the scraping of silverwear. I make sure to keep my head down, only looking at my salad as I don't want to look at the lions eating. I glance up to Louis right in time to also see him take a bite of meat. I gag to myself when I see him do it, quickly covering it with a cough. They all talk amongst themselves but I tune it out, I can't take it anymore and drop my fork, standing up. "Where is the bathroom?" 

"Down the hall, third door on the right." A lion with glasses says casually and I nod in thanks before rushing out of the room, my heart pounding and ears pressed to my head. I quickly enter and lock the door behind me before turning to the sink and splashing water onto my face, letting it sink into my fur. I hear a knock on the door, but I ignore it. The knocking becomes more frantic. 

"(Y/N), please open the door." I sigh, closing my eyes before reaching over and opening the door, the knob feeling heavy in my hand. 

"What the hell was that?" I seethe out, harshly glaring at Louis.