All The Proof

"NEVER WILL I EVER NOT WISH YOU WELL, THOUGH WE'RE NOT TOGETHER, GOD BLESS YOU STILL. IT'S GONNA GET BETTER, I KNOW IT WILL, JUST HOPE YOU KNOW, I'LL PRAY FOR YOU"

It's been three weeks since our truce at Ryan's engagement party and Kelly and I are back to normal. We are forgetting about all our relationship drama and focusing on being good friends.

The way we used to be.

He is back to his kind and caring self, no longer taking his anger out on me.

Maybe he is taking his promise seriously but I am not going to get my hopes up just yet.

"Hey, ladies" I run into Foster and Brett, "hey" Foster cheerily replies while Brett lets out a grunt in response. "What's gotten you into a runt?" I wonder, "she doesn't like Halloween" Foster fills me in.

"What?" I gasp, "what's not to like about Halloween?" I question.

"I know right" Foster sides with me, "people are fools anyway, you don't need to give them a whole day to do foolish things" Brett counters.

"I used to think so highly of you" I joke while she throws a fake spider at me.

"What are your Halloween plans?" Foster asks, "well Jess and I are going to this Halloween party and I am so excited!" I announce. "What's so good about Halloween parties anyway?" Brett asks, "I don't know, the mystery and the costumes" I shrug.

"What's your costume?" Foster asks.

"Anything that shows the most amount of skin" I reply and she nods, liking my idea.

"Sounds boring to me" Brett comments.

"Well here I was about to invite you" I reply, "definitely not" Brett declines, "what about you Foster? You in the mood for some mystery?" I offer. "I totally am but I have a date" she tells me, "more single boys for me" I shrug.

"Oh now, I know why you are excited" Brett teases, "you want to get your mind off a certain someone."

"It has nothing to do with Kelly and everything to do with the fact that it has been a long time since I have felt release" Brett takes a while to get my euphemism.

"I just really need some action" I admit, "I need someone else is touch other than myself" I add, "TMI Olivia" Brett cringes.

"I am not even ashamed" I shrug, "I am too desperate at this point that I want the whole city to know that I am on the prowl tonight" Foster and I high-five.

"I think the city has heard you loud and clear" Kelly peaks out from the other side of the lockers, it hits me that he has over heard our entire conversation. "Good" I don't know what else to say, "hope you have a good time at your party" he winks before leaving.

"Okay, that was awkward" Foster chuckles.

"No" I shake my head, "there is no awkwardness between us anymore" I state, "doesn't seem like it" Brett mumbles. "We are both being mature and focusing on just being friends" I start to get changed, "nothing else is going on" I assure them.

"I am still very confident I will be getting that $100" Foster replies.

"No chance" we finish getting ready.

Going into the meeting room as we wait on Boden to give us the briefing, Foster and Brett sit down in the front and I am about to join them when I spot Kelly looking sadly down at his phone.

"Everything okay?" I go over to stand next to him.

"Yeah" he puts his phone away, "it's my dad" he tells me and I start to tread lightly, knowing how sensitive the relationship between him and his father is.