Until The Weather Breaks

"BABY GIRL IS SAYING THAT WE JUST FRIENDS, IF WE FUCKIN', ARE WE JUST FRIENDS?"

The heavy rain pats against the window, thunder crackling and lightening occasionally brightening up the dark room. The window is slightly open so there is a cool breeze, chilling me but his arms warm me up.

"I really love this weather" I break our kiss to readjust myself on Kelly's lap, straddling him in his chair this time as he holds onto my thighs. We have been hiding out in his office, making out, while the others are who knows where.

They did kind of find out that Kelly and I are messing around, just as friends, which they definitely don't believe.

We were not subtle with all the sneaking around and they caught on instantly but we don't care.

This kind of stormy weather usually means for a slow shift so I had to find a way to keep myself busy and it just so happened that Kelly also needed to be kept busy.

"Why?" He turns to look out the window with me.

"Because it's spooky and cold" I trace a finger down the nape of his neck, "plus it makes me feel really lonely and in desperate need of company" I hint. "Well allow me to happily oblige" he leans up to join our lips again.

The kiss is slow and controlled, not really leading anywhere, we just want to enjoy the sensation that comes from each other's lips.

Fingers running through his hair as he deepens the kiss, tongue exploring every crevice.

Sucking on his tongue seductively as I pull away, going to stand up.

"Where do you think you are going?" He holds me down, "we have been gone for a little too long, they are going to talk " I point out. "I don't care" he leans in again, "neither do I but I don't want the girls to rip me a new one" I peck him gently.

"You'll sneak back in a bit?" He wonders.

"I don't think people who are just friends should be kissing as much as we do" I joke, "another thing I don't care about" he chuckles.

"I'll see if I can sneak back but if not, you'll have to wait till tonight" he loosens his grip so I can stand up.

"Your place or mine?" He questions.

"Surprise me" I wink before leaving, finding Brett and Foster staring out one of the other windows.

"Hey ladies" I join them, they look me up and down to take in my appearance, easily guessing where I was before. "You with Severide?" Brett already knows the answer but asks, "maybe" I blush, "you guys have been sneaking around a lot more lately" she comments.

"What can I say? We can't keep our hands off each other" I shrug.

"I thought you guys were just friends" Foster smirks, "we are" I confirm, "friends who can't keep their hands off each other" they shake their heads at me, amused at how far I am going with the whole friend thing.

I know Kelly and I are always going to be more than just friends but I am just not ready at the moment.

I need some more time for my heart to heal, so I will be able to say I love you again. This is probably the first time that I am the one dragging my feet while Kelly wants to progress our situation.

He wants more, I know he does, but I can't do anything serious.

Not right now.

"What are we talking about?" I change the topic.

"We were actually talking about something you have a lot of experience in" Brett wiggles her eyebrows, "and what is that?" I push. "Dating in the CFD" Foster fills me in, "I have this date with someone down at house 90 and I'm not sure it's a good idea" she explains.