•3•

•Harrison's Pov•
As I sit at my desk, working on my computer, Tom walks into the room. He plops down on the chair across from the desk, slamming his feet atop. I glare at him and he removes them quickly.
"So." He says.
"What?" I ask, just wanting him to hurry up and get his morning talkative phase over with so I can get back to work.
"Aurie is really fucking attractive." He says and I roll my eyes.
"Course that's what comes out of your mouth." I say.
"Do you not agree? She's gorgeous mate."
I stop typing, looking up to him with a less than amused face.
"Absolutely not. Stay away from her." I say.
"Why? Because you don't like her?" He asks.
"Because I promised I'd look out for her, and that means keeping dicks like you away."
His mouth drops, a scoff coming out. He actually looks genuinely confused by what I've said.
"You're the dick mate, not me." He states.
"We both are, which is why Aurie will stay very much single. Don't even think about it." I warn.
There's a knock on the door, and it opens before I even say come in. I get ready to lay into the person dumb enough to come inside without permission until I see who it is. I should expect that from her.
"These need to be checked over and then I'll put them away for all debt collected." Aurie says, slapping the files down onto my desk.
"You know, the whole point of knocking is to wait for the person to invite you in." I say with a fake smile.
"Oh are my manners not good enough for you, trained assassin?" She asks sarcastically, making Tom laugh. I shoot him a death glare and he shuts up real quickly.
"I'll look them over and bring them by when I'm done." I say, pushing the files to the side of my desk.
"Feel free to send Tom instead." She says, turning around and leaving my office.
"I can't stand her." I mutter.
"I think she's great." Tom says happily.
"Why? Because you think she's hot?" I ask.
"No, because I've never seen a girl stand up to you before."
•Aurie's Pov•
"He's such an ass!" I groan, pacing my office. Eli sits in my chair, eating his lunch and listening to me complain as always.
"Yeah but he's also the boss now. Wouldn't it be better to just get along with him?" He asks.
"No. Absolutely not. He doesn't fucking own the place!" I say.
Maybe I'd like him a little more if he hadn't pulled a 'do you know who I am' moment his first day here, or maybe if he had just a little bit of kindness in his heart, or if he hadn't taken my job at all.
"He didn't even ask my opinion." I sigh.
"Your father had this man picked out for years, but he probably didn't think it would come so soon." Eli suggests.
I can't help but feel like such a bitch for being mad at my dead father. I felt resentment the second I heard of his death, and now it's just worse.
After Eli finishes his lunch, he leaves to get back to work. I finish up the files on my desk and look to the clock. The day is almost over, there's no reason why Haz shouldn't have those files done by now. I impatiently rise from my seat, heels clacking on the floor as I walk down the hallway to his office.
"Did you never learn how to knock?" He asks, not looking up from his laptop.
"Where are my files?" I ask.
His eyes now lift, his gaze unreadable.
"Excuse me?" He says.
"Do I need to talk slower for you to understand? Where. Are. My. Files." I say.
"That's no way to talk to your boss, I could make your job very difficult." He states.
"Is that suppose to scare me?" I laugh lightly. "Yeah okay terrifying, where's my files?"
I see a slight smirk form on his lips, obviously entertained by my lack of cooperation. He spins his chair around, grabbing a stack of files off the table behind him and standing up. He walks around the desk to me, holding them out.
"Here." He says.
"Next time, don't make me come get them. It's considered rude." I say.
"I'm not a nice person." He shrugs.
"believe me, I get that." I roll my eyes, turning and walking out the door.
"Next time, try knocking!" He calls.
"Yeah I don't think that's gonna happen!" I call back.
I put the files away, and lock all the filing cabinets. I flick all the lights out and head off to my room. Feeling super stressed out and anxious, I get in a hot shower to try and calm myself. The mixture of mourning the loss of my dad, loosing my promised job, and now only having Eli to talk to is starting to get to me.
I get out of the shower and get dressed, wanting to go out and get a few things. I don't really need anything specific right now but I'll take any excuse to escape this house for a couple hours. Walking down the stairs, Tom meets me in the hallway, his smiling face brightening my day up just a little bit more. He's way too kind to be friends with Haz.
"Going somewhere?" He asks, pointing to the keys in my hand.
"Yeah, need to get out of this house." I nod.
"Mind if I tag along?" He asks and I raise my brow at him.
"Not just trying to babysit me for Haz?" I question.
"No, just think we both could use some time out of here, not alone." He shrugs.
"Alright, sure." I smile.
He follows me out to my Bugatti, noticeably in love with the car. We get inside and he looks it over.
"It's beautiful." He says.
"Haz doesn't drive something nicer?" I question.
"Haz thinks fancy cars are a waste of money." He rolls his eyes.
Harrison? Thinking cars are a waste of money? Why are all of his 'morals' kind of stupid. Not that I know him well enough to make that assumption but I'm allowed to because I just don't like him.