•30•

"Good morning my beautiful girl." I say, stroking Aurie's hair back from her face. She hums, grabbing my hand into hers.
"Harrison!" Tom calls, banging on the door.
Aurie and I both roll our eyes, and I get up from the bed.
"Just tell him to go away." She whispers and I laugh.
"He's too stubborn." I say.
I walk over to the door, cracking it open.
"What's up man?" I ask.
"Why is your door shut? You got a girl over?" He asks with an amused smirk on his face.
"Get out of here." I shake my head.
"What did you get a hooker or something?" He asks.
"Excuse me." Aurie says, opening the door wider and Toms eyes widen. "See you later."
She walks past us and down the hallway, making Tom speechless for the first time ever.
"Not a hooker mate." I say and he laughs.
"Holy shit you're fucking her?" He asks.
"No.. actually.. she's kind of my- you know." I say.
"Harrisons in loooveeee." He sings, making me groan and slam the door in his face.
"Haz and Aurie sitting in a tree-" he starts.
"Fuck off Tom!" I yell, walking into the bathroom to shower.
I finish getting ready, and grab my gun. I see Aurie sitting on the couch talking with Eli and I walk over to Orion.
"Keep her distracted, and cover for me." I say. "She can't know where I'm going or who I'm seeing."
"Of course sir." He nods.
I sneak out the front door, and get into my car. Here we go..
______
As I pull into the gravel area under the bridge, I see two sleek black cars. I park in front of them, and we both open our doors and get out at the same time.
The guy looks to be around our age, maybe a year or two younger. He's dressed nicely. A clean suit, dark sunglasses, and a hat.
"Hello, I am Marcus." He says, removing his sunglasses.
He looks so much like Aurie..
I walk right up to him and pull my fist back, slamming it into his face. He falls to the ground with a thud, and I stand there waiting for him to stand back up.
"Nice one mate, guess I deserved that." He laughs.
"You deserve a lot more than that." I state.
"What's stopping ya then?" He asks. "Oh yes my men with their guns pointed at your head."
I take notice of three men standing around me, now ready to take a shot.
"Settle down boys no need for violence." Marcus says, waving his men down.
"You hurt her." I say.
"Told my guys to take it easy, you know how uncontrollable men can be." He says. "Anyways, I assume your my sisters boyfriend or whatever so she probably doesn't know I'm here."
"No, and she's not going to know because you're going to leave her alone." I state.
Marcus laughs lightly, this man is sick. How could anyone treat their sister, their own flesh and blood this way.
"That mob is mine. She cant run the place, she needs me." He says.
"Actually, the mob is mine. Aurie is mine too. I get very protective over what's mine and I wouldn't try to mess with that if I were you." I warn.
"Alright this isn't fun anymore." He says. "Give ownership of the mob over to me, or I will deal with this with my sister myself. Actually.. I think I'll just kill her anyways. Just to be safe."
"You're really fucking lucky you brought backup, because otherwise you'd be dead." I say.
"Good day, Harrison." He smiles, getting in his car.
I lean onto the open window, giving him one final warning.
"I'm telling you. Stay. Away." I say.
Little does he know I drop a micro sized tracker to his car floor where he can't see. He simply smiles as I back up, letting him roll up his window and drive off, everyone following behind him.
"That was too easy." I say to myself, walking back to my car and getting inside.
I speed home, trying to be as quick as possible so Aurie doesn't notice anything. If she doesn't notice I'm gone then I don't have to say anything, but if she notices then I'll have to lie about where I was and I really don't want to lie to her.
I pull into the drive way and get out of the car, sneaking inside and jogging to my office. My fingers type quickly to Orion.
Haz: she notice?
He texts back almost instantly.
Orion: Nope, you're good. Did you plant the tracker?
Haz: yes. It's in his car.
I set my phone down, and my office door opens.
"Hey pretty boy, been cooped up in here all day?" Aurie asks as she walks in.
"Yeah just getting some work done." I nod. "What's up?"
"Well Tom and I have been hanging out." She says and I smile.
"You guys are getting along?" I ask.
"Yeah he's just a drunken asshole and I'm sensitive so." She shrugs. "But when he's not drunk we get along great. He's fun to hang out with."
Something about Aurie saying she likes to be around Tom makes me irritated and slightly jealous. I mean it was obvious she had a little crush on him and he's called her attractive before. My brain instantly goes to thinking that they're going to fall in love with each other which only makes this worse.
"Just a friendship. Nothing more." She says as if she read my mind.
"I know, I just get jealous easily." I admit.
"Jealousy is a cute look on you." She smirks.
She walks around my desk, and I roll my chair back slightly for her to sit on my lap. I really hate lying to her, I want to be able to tell her the truth, but I can't. Not only does she not need more drama, but she doesn't need to know that she has yet another shitty family member.
"How does it feel?" I ask, running my fingers over the bruised parts of her face.
"Doesn't hurt anymore." She says.
"M'sorry." I mutter. "I'm gonna get them. Promise."
"If you do, I want to do some hands on stuff." She says.
Ah, there's my girl. She loves the torture when it's people who deserve it. She's a lot like me in that way.
"Oh believe me darling, when we get them we're going to have some fun."