•7•

Well.. today I have to go on a two day trip with Harrison, aka the last person in this house I'd choose to go on a trip with. These deals are important though, so I need to just put my pride aside and work with him to make sure these deals go through. He hasn't been completely unbearable lately, so I think I can handle it.
I put a few things into my suitcase, not needing too much since we're going to be home by midnight tomorrow. There's a knock on my bedroom door, and it opens.
"Hey." Eli says as he walks in.
"Hey." I smile.
"So goin on a trip with your boyfriend huh?" He teases, making me roll my eyes with a laugh.
"Your jokes aren't funny." I say.
"Yet you still laugh." He says.
I zip up my suitcase, setting it on the floor.
"I'm dreading this." I admit as we walk down the hallway together.
"Well you'll be back here before you know it." He says.
I pull Eli into a hug as we reach the door, he knows how much I hate planes. I really wish I was going with someone that I could trust and could confide in about my fear.
"See you tomorrow." He says assuringly.
"Tomorrow." I nod.
I turn to see our driver loading the bags into the car, and Haz following him out with a load of files under his arm.
This is going to be a long 24 hours..
I walk out to the car, and slip into the backseat with Haz. I wave goodbye to Eli as we drive off, headed to my private plane. Haz texts the entire ride, as if he has friends other than Tom.
We get to the plane, and the driver opens my door for me. I thank him and grab my bag, walking up to the plane.
"Hey Jerry." I smile at the pilot.
"Mrs. Alderidge" he nods to me.
I walk up the steps anxiously, this is my first time going on a plane without my dad.. I didn't realize how terrifying this is until now. It's too late. I'm already here..
I sit down in my normal seat, strapping my seat belt tightly. My nails tap rapidly on my phone screen as Haz gets on, sitting in the seat across from me.
Jerry begins getting ready to fly the plane, and Haz pulls out his files to read them over while we fly. As the plane starts to move I take a deep breath, just trying to imagine my dad is here with me. I never felt unsafe when I was with him. I even think I'd feel a little better if Eli was here with me, but instead I get Haz. Who can't even be bothered to talk to me. He seemed kind yesterday, but now he's acting like I'm not even here. Better off that way I guess.
The plane lifts into the air, and I clutch the sides of my seat, white knuckling the arm rests. Haz takes notice of my anxious form, lifting a brow to me.
"You okay?" He asks.
"Y-yeah. Fine." I nod quickly, not opening my eyes as I don't want to think about the fact that I'm on a plane right now.
"Hey.." he says in a softer tone.
I feel his hand run down my arm, peeling my fingers from their strong grip on the arm rest. I let my eyes open, a weird sense of comfort from his touch.
"Afraid of planes?" He asks.
"Yeah.." I breath out.
"You'll be okay.. I've got you." He says. "I'll sit right here. Okay?"
"Okay." I nod
He grabs his files off the chair he was sitting on, reading through them. He absentmindedly let's his hand stay placed over mine, and as much as I don't like him, he's doing a good job of comforting me in a stressful situation.
Maybe he's just not as bad as I think he is. He's growing on me.
_____
Our plane landed safely and I successfully made it through the whole flight without having a mental breakdown, thanks to Harrison. We got dropped off to our hotel, and we walk through the doors to check in.
"Hello." I smile. "I reserved a two room suite for Alderidge."
The man types into the computer, and grabs two sets of keys.
"Here you are Mrs. Alderidge. Enjoy your stay." He says.
"Thank you." I nod, taking the keys and handing a set to Haz.
We get in the elevator and I press the button for the top floor. It starts to move and I take notice of how Haz is gripping the wall behind him like his life depends on it. Is he?... there's no way..
"Are you scared of elevators?" I ask.
"What? No. Of course not." He shakes his head, but the fear in his eyes says something else.
"Harrison, you look like you're about to shit yourself." I comment.
"I'm not scared of them, I just don't like them." He shrugs as the elevator comes to a stop and the doors open.
"You know, you're allowed to be afraid of something." I say, pulling my bag as I walk out.
I find my room, putting the key into the lock and opening the door. The room is absolutely gorgeous. A giant bed overlooking the oversized window, wood floors, the most amazing bathroom with a clawfoot tub, and of course a mini bar. I shut the door behind me, and make sure the door connecting mine and Haz's rooms is locked. Settling down nicely, I grab a beer from the fridge and fall back onto the comfy bed, texting Eli.
Aurie: got here safely, also, Haz is afraid of elevators.
I wait a few minuets, getting a text back.
Eli: no way.. seriously? Elevators?
A laugh escapes my lips, he has the same reaction I had.
Aurie: I know. I wasn't expecting that either.
I get up from the bed, setting my beer to the side and grabbing the room service menu. The best part about coming to these fancy hotels is the food. I try to eat healthier back home, but all rules fly out the window when I'm in another city.
I make an order for chicken strips and chips, cake, and a milkshake. I'm going to get sooo sick. Turning on the Tv, I search through the movies to find something to entertain me while I eat. After clicking on Clueless to watch for the millionth time, there's a knock on my door. Wow room service is quick around here.
I jump up from the bed, and open the door, not to be met by room service, but to see no one. The knocking sounds again and I quickly realize it's from the door to Haz's room. What does he want?
I open the door, and he walks straight into my room without a word. I give him a concerned look as he sits down on the end of my bed.
"That car, the one that's been stalking you, was seen around the airport after we left." He says.