•26•

Somehow Haz and I ended up laying in my bed, his head in my lap as I stroke his hair. He's been fighting so hard to take care of me, that he's completely drained himself in the process. It's my turn to help him out.
I couldn't be more grateful for how he opened up to me, and it really didn't change how I see him or feel about him. He was taken down the wrong path, but he grew from it. He doesn't hurt innocent people anymore. That's all that matters.
My free hand holds his loosely, my thumb gliding back and forth across his skin. I know he said I needed time, that he wanted to make sure I wasn't moving too fast or jumping into anything, but I've never felt more ready for anything in my life than to make him mine, and to be his.
"Hazzy?" I say.
He doesn't answer, he must have fallen asleep on me.
I smile to myself, stroking his cheek.
"I want to be with you, too.." I mutter, pressing a kiss to his head.
"You do?" He mumbles, making my mouth drop.
"You little shit." I laugh.
He sits up with a cocky grin, proud of what he's done and the result he's gotten.
"I don't know how much longer I can wait to kiss you, darling." He says.
"Then don't wait." I say.
He wraps his hand around the back of my neck, pulling my lips to meet his in an intense, fiery kiss that makes butterflies erupt in my stomach. The way he moves against me, and bites my lower lip makes me gasp. He takes advantage, granting himself access to deepen the kiss and pull my body to sit on top of his. My hands rest on his shoulders and he tangles his fingers in my hair.
We both pull away breathless and smiling, happy about what just happened. He pushes my hair back, hands cradling my face.
"My pretty girl." He says with admiration in his eyes.
"I meant it, Haz. I want to be with you." I say.
"I want to be with you, too." He smiles, connecting our lips once more.
__________
I wake up to an empty bed, the warmth Haz's body brought to me all night gone. I open my eyes, rolling over to see a note on the night stand. I reach over and grab it.
Aurie,
Good morning darling, forgot I had an early morning meeting and had to leave you. Be back soon, I didn't just freak and abandon you.
-Haz
I giggle at the note, loving that he felt the need to reassure me that he isn't just freaking out and leaving.
I stare out the window, happy with how life is right in this moment, but of course that can't last long. My phone dings and I grab it, seeing it's from the unknown number again.
Unknown: I will get what's mine. I deserve it. Not you.
What do they want? What do I possibly have that they want so badly that they killed my father for it? As much as I want to text back and engage, I have to do what Haz said, and that's to be silent until they see payments aren't going to go through. If the money means this much to these people then they will be furious, they will reach out to us, and they will make a mistake that leads us to tracking them.
The bedroom door opens, and Haz walks through in a crisp red suit and nicely done hair. He smiles when he sees I'm awake, walking over to me.
"Sleep good, babygirl?" He asks, making flutters erupt in my stomach from the name.
"Yes, very." I nod as he kisses my head, then my nose which makes me giggle, then he catches my lips with his. Only giving me a quick peck.
"Want to do something fun?" He asks me.
"Like what?" I ask.
"Get ready, you'll see." He smiles. "I'll be in my office come get me when you're ready."
He leaves the room and I can only imagine what Haz considers 'fun' all he does is work all the time. I didn't know he even had fun.
I get out of the warm bed, and hop in the shower to get cleaned up, making sure to be careful around my stitches. The bruising on my face is starting to clear just a tiny bit, but the bruising on my body was horrendous. I get a strong flashback of the way that man hit a metal pole to my leg, making my squeeze my eyes shut tightly. The pain was so bad.. I've never been tortured like that before.
my eyes open once more, meeting their own gaze in the bathroom mirror. I notice a tear rolling down my cheek and wipe it away quickly before walking out to my room. I get dressed, covering up as much as possible and doing makeup since we will be going out and the last thing I want is for people to think Haz abuses me or something.
I am quite happy with my appearance, doing myself up for the first time in a while is really helping. Even if it is just a cute outfit and some foundation.
I walk down the hallway towards Haz's office, and Kyler walks up to me before I get there.
"Look like you're feeling better, Aurie." He says with a smile.
"I am." I nod.
"That's great!" He says. Haz starts walking towards us as we talk.
"Hey kid, did you finish up those files I gave you to read through?" Haz asks him.
"Yep! All done!" He nods. "Oh and I read in your file that your birthday is in two weeks! Happy early birthday sir!"
And with that Kyler walks off, leaving Haz with a sour look on his face.
"What? You didn't tell me about a birthday." I say.
"That's because I haven't celebrated it in six years, darling." He says. "And I don't plan on it now."
"Oh come onnn!" I groan. "I throw the best parties, and Tracy makes the best cake!"
"Aurie, listen to my words." He says, grabbing my face in his hands so I'm looking directly into his eyes. "No. Party."
"Ugh Fine you butt." I frown.
"Did you seriously just call me a butt?" He laughs.
"I sure did." I grin.
"You're so weird." He shakes his head, kissing my lips.