•29•

Haz and I arrive home, heading straight into the kitchen to eat some dinner. We're starving.
"How was the trip?" Tracy asks as she plates our food.
"It was amazing." I smile. "Absolutely amazing."
We get our food and eat and soon Orion walks into the room.
"Sir." He says to Haz. "Can I speak to you for a minuet."
"Yeah, I'll be right back." Haz says to me, walking off with Orion.
I should be concerned, but I really can't be bothered to worry about anything right now. I had a good day and I don't want to ruin it.
"Soo.. what's going on with you and Harrison?" Tracy asks.
"It's official." I smile. "He's my boyfriend."
Tracy smiles out of genuine happiness for me. She's watched me develop feelings for people, and get my heart broken every time. Guys normally just fuck me and ignore me.
"I like him." She says. "And your dad did, too."
Just the thought of my dad already having approved of him before he died makes me happy. He trusted Haz with my life, and I do too.
"He means the world to me." I say.

•Harrison's Pov•
"What's going on?" I ask Orion as we step into my office.
"They made contact, email is pulled up on the laptop." He says.
I quickly make my way around the desk, and clicking the first email that pops up. The name is a name I've never seen before..
Marcus Dayley: Hello there. I know this email will reach the boss considering while Aurie was passed out and in the trunk I went through her phone. So don't bother acting like you didn't get this. We were going to let you go after getting the money, but you've made a very stupid move cutting off the payments. This family has taken enough from me, and I will not be letting you off easy this time. My sister will pay for everything she took from me.
"Sister?.." I mutter to myself. "There's no way he's referring to Aurie.."
"I don't know sir, but I assume you'd like this to stay between us for now?"
"Yes." I nod quickly. "For now."
He leaves the office and I read over the email three more times. What could Aurie possible have taken from him? What did she do?
A new email appears, and I click on it quickly.
Marcus Dayley: I want to see my sister.
I type back and send it.
Harrison Osterfield: you can see me, but I will not let you lay another finger on her. I will meet up with you.
Aurie's father never told me about another kid.. it must just be her mother's kid. Unless this guy is lying all together which I wouldn't doubt. Why though? Why would he lie?
Marcus Dayley: same place, tomorrow at two.
"Hazzy?"
I shut the laptop quickly as I see Aurie standing in the doorway, rubbing her eyes.
"Everything okay?" She asks.
"Everything is fine, just some work that needed my attention." I say.
"I'm sleepy." She comments in the cutest voice I've ever heard come out of her mouth. She's getting comfortable with me, and I couldn't love it more.
"Okay." I nod, standing up. "Let's go to bed."
I scoop her up in my arms, making her giggle as she wraps her arms around my neck. The smile on her face is priceless, and finally she's all mine. I lay her down on my bed, and she pulls my face down to kiss me. Her lips press to mine continuously in small pecks, being her playful teasing self.
"Hmm I thought you were tired?" I say.
"I am but you're so cute." She grins. "And kissable."
"It is a little early for sleeping." I say, pressing a warm kiss to her jawline. "And there's so many things we could do.."
Her fingertips touch the skin beneath my shirt, pulling it up and over my head. Just as I go to kiss her once more her brows knit together, and I know exactly why.
"What is this?" She asks, fingertips trailing over the long, pink scars on my chest. Anything we were about to do is definitely not going to happen now..
"It's nothing." I shake my head. "Just some scars."
As her doe eyes look into mine, pleading for some explanation, I can't help but sit back, getting ready to tell her the story.
The story I've only ever told one other person. Tom.
"It's burn scars." I say.
She sits up, eyeing the scars with sadness in her eyes.
"How did you get them?" She asks softly.
"Remember how I told you my dad took his anger out on me?" I ask. "Well.. I guess you can figure it out from there.."
"Haz.." she breaths out, shaking her head. "You didn't deserve that."
"It's what he needed. I was just glad he didn't hurt my mum." I say. "I remember the day I got this big one.. my mum was doing herself up for a date with him.. he got drunk and angry, like always. He yanked her curling iron from her hand and held me down with it.. I just remember screaming.."
my head flashes pictures from that night making me hands shake, but all that fades away when I feel my girls arms wrap around me tightly, her body crawling into my lap.
And for the first time ever.. I cry over the memories. Tears trickle down my cheeks as I squeeze her into me, letting my head drop onto her shoulder. I didn't realize how comfortable I felt around her until now..
"It's okay baby, you can cry with me. It's okay." She says quietly as she runs her hand through my hair. "It's over now."
We sit like that for what feels like forever, and I speak up.
"Aurie?" I say.
"Hmm?" She hums.
"Is it too early to tell you that I love you?" I ask.
I can feel her smile as she kisses my head.
"No, cause I love you too."

A/N: oh god I'm really not okay this chapter has me in my F E E L S. Haz really does deserve the whole entire world🥺