14

Midnight seemed annoyed as flicked his tongue. Y/N pats his head slightly, before refocusing on her conversation. He wanted to talk to her. Midnight wanted to make her laugh. He wanted her hug her and hold her close. He had forgotten how much he loved interacting with her as a human. Jealousy pained his chest as he watched her talk with Sebastian. It had been years since he was in his human form before this trip. He didn't have a problem with it before. However, now her presence wasn't enough. Midnight knew he was being selfish.

'maybe it's because i had her full attention before.' he thought resting his head on her shoulder. Now this snake form made him feel... ignored. Sure, the woman he was resting on acknowledged him. Though, he didn't have her full attention like usual. Y/N's attention was mainly directed towards the tall immortal, he barely had a sliver of her attention. Not like it mattered though. It wasn't even a fraction of what he wanted. 'just look at me' he thought pitifully.

the past couple days he could easily get her attention. In the human form he could hug her. She'd lean into his touch. Midnight could have more validation from the small act then a simple pat. The jealous look he'd receive from the men around them gave him a sense of pride. They could never get that close to her. Midnight had a human name, Luke. She liked the name, and midnight loved to hear her say it. he watched the interaction in front of him.

Y/N was sitting on a trunk in Sebastian and William's tent. Sebastian and the magical woman talked so casually to each other. Midnight felt sick. 'i wish i was in my human form.' he imagined her in his arms as she talked to Sebastian. 'Would she still be talking to him if i was really here?' he thought glaring at the tall male. who cares the look in the demon's eyes would be more satisfying. The ravened haired immortal would have looked jealous. Luke knew he would. 'i'm being selfish.' his thoughts drifted. His retinas closed. Sadly snakes don't have eyelids. Not that midnight cared. he just wanted to sleep, he couldn't. The dim lighting of the tent reentered his vision.

Y/N needed him, he knew that. She doesn't need any other men in her life. They could die off and she'd be fine. If he died it would matter. He was useful. he was needed, that's what the familiar told himself at least. His eyes softened as he looked back at the Woman. 'she won't leave me.' this was his last thought before the tent entrance opened quickly revealing Ciel.

The young boy looked pissed. The boy's face was flushed. Whether it out of anger or because of the cold air was hard to tell. The rest of his exposed skin looked rather pale. Ciel coughed before glaring at the Demon.

"My lord." Sebastian greeted, turning away from Y/N focusing on the young noble. The women also turned to him. She smiled happy to see the boy.

"Bastard." His voice rushed out in irritation. "One of those blasted poisonous snakes could have easily bitten me. You knew i was still there didn't you." Ciel accused before a small cough left his mouth. Sebastian's face looked shocked for a second, before he regained his composure. Y/n swung her legs watching the two carefully.

"Yes." Sebastian smirked. "You told me to return before the others to free them. I was only following your orders." His face screamed arrogance as he looked down on the boy. Ciel glared up at him. "Really now, what's with that face?" Sebastian asked rhetorically. " i won't allow for you to perish while our contract is still in play. Though with the wrong orders, you can be in for some suffering. the non lethal variety of course, my lord." The immortal looked unbelievably smug as he continued. "You of course already knew that. Every game should have some element of danger to it. You're such an avid player yourself, i just assumed you shared my opinion on the matter." He finished his mini speech with a large smirk gracing his features.