✞ S E V E N T E E N ✞

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ; LEAVE ME ALONE

BETH HAD BEEN BEYOND drunk, having stole John off his wife she was spinning around with him in circles dancing, her world spinning as they both laughed loudly finally being free. John stopped spinning when a row of fireworks shot up into the air and had to grab Beth from falling; feeling dizzy from spinning, she held Johns arm tightly rocking up and down.

"My god John, go dance with your bride." Beth grinned pushing him away. John shook his head and leaned down to ruffle Beth's hair before walking away. Beth glanced around in hopes to spot Tommy and began her walk over to the man who was watching her with a smug smile. Beth was taking another step but a Lee boy came and spun her around and Beth couldn't help but laugh wildly her hair flowing in all directions.

The Lee woman nodded her to Beth who was dancing around. "You love her. I can see it in the way you watch her." She commented. Tommy grinned shuffling into his pocket to pull out another cigarette. "She's an angel." The Lee woman shook her head. "If she's your woman Mr.Shelby she's far from an angel." Tommy nodded glancing towards Beth yet again who looked ready to pass out.

"Tell Ada to slow down and Bethany while you're at it." Polly scorned Tommy, leaning down to talk to him. "You think she'll listen to me?" Polly watched her pregnant niece spin around again. "I tried stopping her but she's been drinking. Been stuck in that little basement for weeks. What do you expect? She's going off like a firecracker." Polly paused for a minute before watching Ada stumble over her feet. "Oh Christ, Tommy please."

Tommy pushed himself off his feet and walked over to his sister that Arthur was already trying to calm. "Ada, come on. Have a rest. Sit down." Tommy instructed. Beth stopped spinning with the Lee boy and stumbled towards the Shelby's leaning against Arthur for support. "Come and look Esme! Look at the family you've joined! Come and look at the man who runs it! He chooses his brothers wives!" Ada shouted.

Beth glanced around seeing John, Esme and Polly had now walked over to look at the scene unfold. Ada swung her fist at Tommy banging it against his chest. "He hunts his own sister down like a rat and tries to kill his own brother in law." Beth stepped in-front of Ada as Polly begged her to stop. "Come on Ada, you're killing yourself." Beth begged but Ada just shoved her to the side. "Now he won't let me have a fucking dance! Not even at a fucking wedding." Ada screamed.

Polly wrapped her arms around Ada telling her to calm down. "Sit her down." John instructed. Ada bent onto her knees and began to pant and Beth stood back away from the girl noticing the pool at their feet. "Holy shit. Water. Right." Polly rambled. Beth felt herself sober instantly as she grabbed Ada letting her squeeze her arm tightly. "Bloody hell Ada, you do pick your times." Arthur shouted.

Tommy waved his family over and began to help steer Ada in the direction of his car. Beth sat in the back beside Ada and winced every time the girl let out a loud scream, her grip getting tighter on Beth but in no time they were at Watery Lane. Polly helped Ada inside the house and Beth began to panic helping Ada sit up properly. Polly went outside to speak to the Shelby brothers and Beth felt her breath began to pick up as she was left alone with the screaming pregnant teen.

Esme walked through the doors and began to instruct Ada to push as Beth kept her hand locked in Ada's her free hand pushing the hair that stuck to her sweaty forehead back. Polly walked back in announcing there would be a truce till dawn and Freddie was on his way before taking Esme's place. "That's right Ada. Push." Polly cooed. Esme reached over feeling the bottom of Ada's pregnant stomach. "It might be the wrong way around."