☆T W E N T Y-S E V E N ☆

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN; LONDON

BETH SWUNG OPEN her front door tiredly. Her blonde hair stuck up in all directions and she had just pulled on a skirt and blouse so her clothes were slightly out of place. Her face was pale, the only colour being the dark purple bags under her eyes from stress and lack of sleep. She pulled the cardigan that hung around her shoulders closer to her body in confusion as she watched Arthur, Tommy and John walk into her house. "Good morning doll face." John cheered happily, ruffling her hair.

"Why are you all in my house?" Beth grumbled, watching as Tommy smiled at her and reaching over to fix her hair. "We're off to London this morning love. Our Tom wouldn't leave without saying goodbye to his girl of course." Arthur spoke, a warm smile on his face. Beth nodded slowly as she looked between the boys. "Oh god. Do you have everything? Tommy do you need another suit, I'll go get it now." Beth rambled, marching to the stairs but Tommy caught her arm quickly. "I've got everything Beth I'm fine. We just said goodbye to Pol and Finn. We're going to leave now."

Beth nodded quickly and before she could wrap her arms around Tommy, John had already picked her up in his arms holding her up tightly like a doll. Beth chuckled slapping his shoulder. "Put me down before I get sick Johnny boy, it's too early." Beth joked, earning a laugh from John. John placed her down to her feet and placed a sloppy kiss to her cheek before walking back out to the car. Arthur grinned walking over to Beth and engulfing her in a warm hug. "You keep this place in check for me, eh?" Beth grinned at Arthur's words and nodded quickly. "Of course old man, I'll look after your city."

Arthur chuckled and gave Beth one last squeeze before he parted away from her and left Beth and Tommy staring at each other in her front hall. "You better come back to me alive." Beth muttered, stepping forward to fix Tommy's jacket. Tommy nodded, a small smirk on his face. "I'm serious, don't you dare look at me like it's the last time. I'm over that shit. You have to come back to me Tommy." Beth grumbled, finally allowing herself to look up into his blue eyes.

Tommy's smile fell and he quickly nodded. "Nothing'll happen in London and I'll be home before you know it." He assured, combing Beth's hair away from her face.  "You know this will be the first time you've left since war. I'll miss you Tom." She purred, reaching up to rub her thumb over Tommy's cheekbone. "I'll be home before you know it." Tommy murmured, his hands finding her waist and drawing her in closer. "I love you Tommy." Beth grinned, scanning his face.

His ocean blue eyes watched her as if she was the only thing that ever mattered in the world. After standing in silence for a moment, Tommy grinned sheepishly. "And I love you Beth." He leaned down and captured her lips in a passionate kiss that neither Beth nor Tommy wanted to pull away from. "Hurry the bloody fuck up Tommy, you can kiss her when we get back!" John shouted from the car, a cheeky smile on his face.

Tommy pulled away first and rested his forehead against Beth's, he smiled one last time before pressing his lips to the tip of her nose and walking out to the car. Beth's eyes never left him until she saw the car turn out of sight, the boys on there way to London.

After having a cup of coffee to wake her up a bit better, Beth found herself in Polly's home, leaning against a counter her eyes watching Polly in worry. "You look dreadful, I though i told you to sleep." Beth frowned. Polly let her eyes wander up from the bottle of whiskey in her hand to the blonde. "I couldn't fucking sleep. Believe me I tried." Polly spat. Beth let her eyes wander over to Finn who sat miserably eating a bowl of cereal and she grinned walking down and sitting herself in the chair beside his. "What's the matter Finn?"

Finn glanced over to the side glaring at Beth. "Nothing just fuck off Beth." Beth's eyebrows furrowed and she reached behind him smacking the back of his head. "Ow Beth!" Finn whined, reaching up to rub his head. "Watch how you talk to me Finn, Tommy caught you at that he'd murder you." Beth scolded. "Now chin up and tell me what's the problem." Finn frowned placing his spoon back into his bowl. "The boys won't bring me to London, said'm too young."

Beth grinned reaching over to pull Finn into her side in a hug. "Oi, your still a little boy, not until your eighteen will the boys or I let you get involved in dangerous business. Don't need you getting injured young and killing yourself." Beth spoke. Finn sighed sadly. "But Beth, John always tells me about the times you and him used to go around and cause trouble." Finn mumbled. Beth scoffed shaking her head. "Don't mind him hey Finn, you don't want to be like me and John. We were too wild."

Finn looked up at Beth in amusement, a small smile on his face. "John told me that one day you and your brother got into a fight and he got so angry he pushed you-." Beth laughed loudly scoffing at the story cutting across Finn. "Calvin pushed me into the river and John thought I was swimming so he jumped in and nearly drowned me trying to play. Tommy was so angry when he came down that he pulled me out of the water and every time he tried to give out he kept laughing. I've never seen Tom laugh so much."

Finn let out a small laugh and Beth stood up quickly. "Cmon Finn, me and you will go have some fun while the boys are out of town. Just don't fucking tell Tommy I'm getting you drunk."