☆T H I R T Y-S E V E N☆

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN; GARRISON REOPENING

BETH HAD WOKE UP in the best mood she had felt in a longtime. She smiled through out the day as she got ready for the Garrisons grand reopening and got changed into a pretty black dress and one of her expensive jackets that Tommy had bought for her. Tommy had left for work early that morning and Beth had let him go, and instead focused on getting herself ready. Her hair was in bouncy blonde curls, left slightly below her shoulder.

Finn knocked on Beth's door and when she flung it open, Arthur cupped her cheek, placing a sloppy kiss onto Beth's forehead. "You look beautiful Beth." Finn complemented, holding his hand out for Beth. She smiled sweetly and took Finns hand, allowing him to begin to pull her down the streets of Small Heath, Arthur marching ahead of them. "Thank you Finn, you look handsome." Beth retorted, watching as Finn's cheeks flushed a tint of red.

When they arrived to the Garrison, Finn held the door open to Beth who walked in, smiling towards Polly who seemed to be in a much better mood and followed Arthur around the bar counter to where Tommy stood. Tommy grabbed Beth's waist pulling her against his chest and placed a light kiss to her head as Beth giggled, watching as Arthur served everyone, shouting happily over the loud music and chatter. "It looks great Tom, better than I ever seen it."

Tommy grinned leaning down and placed a kiss to Beth's lips. Beth pulled away and glanced around the noisy Garrison, laughing slightly when she saw John waving his arm across the room at her from a table where he sat with Finn and Esme. Beth glanced up to Tommy who ushered her away and walked through the crowd of people, smiling down at Esme and John. "Let's get you fucking waisted tonight, eh Beth? Me and you go on the hard stuff. What do you say?"

Beth sighed and shook her head slightly. "I'm not drinking tonight John." She informed, grinning slightly as he pulled out a chair for Beth. She sat down glancing over at Finn who was trying to down a glass of whiskey, noticing Tommy making his way around. "Put that fucking glass down before your brother kills you." Beth taunted, reaching over for the glass but Finn moved it out of her reach quickly. "I'm old enough to drink now Beth."

Tommy walked past the table and froze at the top of it his smile wiping off as he pointed over at Finn. "Finn! Give me that." Tommy shouted, walking over and snatching the glass from Finns hands. He raised the glass winking down at Beth. "Keep him off the whiskey John." Tommy instructed, before walking away. Beth watched his silhouette disappear between the crowd of people and sighed slightly feeling the pain in her stomach once again.

"Are you okay Beth?" Esme asked quietly, leaning over so Beth could hear her. Beth glanced at Johns cautiously to make sure he wasn't listening and then turned back to Esme. "I'm pregnant. It's just a bit of sickness. We're going to tell the family soon but don't tell John yet please." Beth begged, staring at Esme. Esme wrapped her arms around Beth in a tight hug before Beth could even register what was happening. "Congratulations." She murmured softly before pulling away. "Eh, see that Finn. My two favourite girls get along like a house of fire."

Beth laughed rolling her eyes at John and turned to him. "Your favourite girls, eh? What about Liz-." John quickly clasped his hand over Beth's mouth and stared over to Esme who was thankfully caught up in a world of her own, watching around the busy Garrison. "Shut up Beth, it's not like that." John grumbled. She laughed loudly and shook her head at John. "You manage to amaze me with how stupid your decisions get every day." She taunted, John playfully pushing her.

Beth glanced over at the bar and noticed Polly begin to move towards the door and she instantly stood up noticing Ada walk through the doors, John and Esme following. Just as Polly let Ada go from the hug, Esme took Carl who was now a toddler into her arms and Beth hugged Ada tightly rocking her. "Ada love I've missed you." Beth purred, rubbing Ada's back. "I've missed you too Beth, you look amazing." Ada complimented pulling away from the hug.

"Oh Ada why don't you think about coming home." Polly began, holding Ada's hands in her own. "Hello Ada." Tommy greeted walking up to the women. Polly tutted and walked away, Beth holding back a small laugh as she watched Polly. "Tommy." Ada greeted, taking the glass that Tommy handed her. "What do you think eh?" Tommy asked glancing around the Garrison. "It's very ehm-." Ada began. "Gold?" Beth finished, Ada letting out a laugh.

Beth watched as John pulled Ada into a hug, greeting her but the pain in her stomach worsened and Beth sighed, rushing towards the bathroom quickly. Esme watched as Beth made a run for the bathroom and glanced over at Tommy who was too occupied with his sister to notice his fiancée and she stood up, Carl still in her arms and went to make her way to the bathroom but John stood in her way. Esme let out a huff staring at John with raised eyebrows.

"Where you going?" John asked looking around the busied Garrison. "Beth ran off to the toilet, doesn't look too good, I should check up on her." Esme informed, handing Carl into John's arms. "Tell me if she's okay. I'll tell Tommy that she's been sick and tell him to bring her home early." John said, walking away from Esme and toward his brother. Esme walked into the bathroom and instantly jogged over to a stall banging on the door when she heard Beth's cry's.

"Beth? Beth? Are you okay?" Esme asked. Beth covered her mouth with her hand as she let out broken cries into her arm, trying to hold herself together as she trembled in the bathroom stall. "T-there's blood." Beth stuttered out, reaching up to unlock the door from where she sat on the bathroom floors. Esme gasped, looking down at the girl, her makeup was running down her face and she sat on the ground a pool of blood around her, as she held her stomach and cried out in pain.

Esme turned for the door and quickly rushed up, swallowing the bile in her throat she ran through the busy Garrison, catching Tommy by the shoulders she refrained from letting her tears fall as she leaned over and whispered into his ear, words that Tommy never wanted to hear again. Tommy's glass fell to the ground catching the attention of the Shelby members that stood by and John glanced over seeing the sickened look on now both Tommy and Esme's faces.

Tommy made a break through the people, pushing his way until he reached the bathroom. Flinging open the door, Tommy instantly heard the painful cries that echoed through the bathroom and ran over to the stall in which the door was open. John caught Esme's arm before she could follow and stared down at her in confusion. "Whats bloody happening Esme?" John asked. Esme sighed leaning towards John. "It's Bethany, she's had a miscarriage."

John's hand fell over his mouth and he shoved Esme to the side softly before taking off to the bathroom. Flinging the door open, John's heart broke as he heard Beth's cries echo through the bathroom as Tommy held her in his arms, rocking them slightly as he himself tried not to cry. "I'm so sorry, my baby, our baby." Beth cried, clutching Tommy's jacket underneath her hand. John glanced over at the stall that Esme had found Beth in and closed the door over, not wanting Beth to see the blood.

Tommy hushed her, pushing her hair back from her face as he kissed her head delicately. "It's not your fault love, eh? It's not your fault." The door to the bathroom opened and Esme walked in, Arthur following in tow along with Ada and Polly behind them. "Finn's bringing the car around, I think it's best you bring Beth home." Ada said softly, her eyes staring down at the ground, Carl now back in her arms. Polly looked at Beth her heart shattering at the site.

Tommy nodded and Beth pulled away from him slightly to reveal the mess she had become. Her body shook as she cried and she avoided the eye contact of the Shelby's that stood in the bathroom. Tommy's has clutched hers tightly, his arm wrapped around her shoulders in reassurance that he was still there as he led her past his family, silent tears streaming down her face as they walked out of the busy Garrison's reopening.