Chapter 26.

UWA

After Kayode's announcement of our relationship status to Deji, I suddenly felt nervous. For one, he had asked me to go out with him but this baby girl has been using him to do 'is coming' (has been stalling giving him a reply).

With regards Kayode and I, we just made our relationship official over the weekend when he asked me to be his girlfriend when we went out on a date. So yeah, we are actually dating. But why do I feel bad about leaving Deji hanging without as little as a reply?

The other day when he left us and went to Timi's part of the floor, I could not miss the raised voices that followed over there but when he returned, it did not seem like anything was wrong and if there was, he did a pretty good job at masking everything so perfectly.

I quickly finish brushing my teeth and wrinse my toothbrush using running water from the tap in the sink. Next, I get under the shower and have my bath. I still feel very sleepy courtesy the yawn that occassionally escapes my mouth.

Turning off the water, I step out of the shower, stretching my hand to pick up my towel from the rack attached to the wall. I delicately wipe off the contents of water on my skin before wrapping the towel around my body and walking into my room.

Applying some lotion and body care products to my skin, I put on my clothes, loving the scent that radiates off my body. The beep of my phone alerts me as the notification bar indicates a new message. I pick up my phone and open the message folder, then click on the new message.

Morning, Beautiful.
It is another awesome morning waking up to thoughts of you.
Hope your night was great.
See you at work.
-K❤

I finish reading the message, blushing furiously. This man is sweet ehn. The first thing I wake up to everyday is a text from him, likewise the last thing  before I sleep. Since we started dating, which is barely one week now, he has been so attentive, sweet and caring. Men are not scum, afterall. Well, let us see how this goes.

What do I have for breakfast? French toast and tea would be perfect. I prepare my breakfast and eat before heading to work.

I take in a deep breath as my legs make their way to Deji's office. Scared? No. Nervous? Yes. Very nervous infact. I wipe my now sweaty palms on my dress, alternating the tea cup between both hands as I knock on his door, waiting for his permission to go in.

"Come in." His voice calls out from inside the office. I take that as my cue and enter his office.

"Good morning." I say, dropping his coffee on his table. He just nods, looking at me with scrutiny.

"Give me a run down of my schedule for the day and any other important information." He says, stirring his coffee and focusing his gaze back on the desktop computer in front of him.

"First of all, we received a mail from Ghana. The building complex is complete, Deji and it looks so lovely. Mr. Boateng says the launch program is now up to us to decide." I say cheerfully, trying to ease the tension in this place.

"It is Mr. Shodeinde to you, Miss. Omozuwa." He states calmly, still not sparing me a glance.

"Okay." I say, hesitation clear in my voice, silently hoping and praying that this is not going back to square one.

"Don't you have more to say? My schedule?" He asks, finally lifting up his head to look at me. If looks could kill, this man would probably have me six feets under right now.

"I..uh..." I say, stuttering and finding it difficult to put words together. Make a simple sentence, dammit!

"Have you grown mute now?" He asks, eyebrows raised and sipping his coffee, saving me from further nerve wrecking eye contacts with him. I clear my throat and organize my thoughts before speaking again, giving a brief report of today's schedule.

"Cancel all my appointments after 12." He says. My eyes widen in surprise. We have more important meetings after that time than in the mornings.

"But, Sir." The stubborn part of me voices out, wanting to enumerate the importance of these meetings to him.

"You seem to be forgetting who the CEO in this company is. When I say I want my appointments cancelled, I want them done without objections. Am I clear? So, get out of my office and do your job." I guess I thought too fast with respect to square one. Is this man a devil or what? To think he said all these without batting a single eye lash.

I quietly excuse him, not ready for the outburst that is to follow if one happens. Prevention is better than cure and the little he did just now is enough to send a message. What is crawling up his ass? Don't tell me this is because I did not go out with him. Is he seriously making a big deal out of that? I know I am at fault for not giving him a reply but then I don't pride myself to be that important to evoke such reactions from him and....

"Hey, baby." I hear Kayode's voice; the owner might be a possible cause of me being on the receiving end of a lash out by Deji who now wants me to go back to calling him Mr. Shodeinde.

"Hi, good morning." He circles his arms around my shoulders and pulls me in for a hug, stealing a peck from my cheeks in the process and causing me to giggle. I hit him playfully on his arms, this is an office. You just don't go about loving up here!

"Miss. Omozuwa." My heart beat raises as I hear Deji call me. I turn to the direction of his office and see his figure holding the door like he wants to say something. His gaze travels from my face to the hands on my shoulders and then to Kayode.

"Yes, Sir?" I answer him, detaching myself from Kayode.

"Never mind." He waves off, shutting his office door.

"I got you these, ma'am." Kayode catches my attention again, bowing playfully and handing a nylon bag to me.

All the nervousness I felt earlier is wiped off as I unpack the contents of the bag.

"Waffles!" I say in delight. Kayode gives me a lopsided grin and steals another peck from me.

"I am awesome like that." He smirks. Well, at least the morning is not as bad as I pictured it when it commenced.

At 12pm, boss man disappears from the office, leaving strict instructions for me not to leave till work closes. Before nko? When I have work to do, I will na decide to be unfortunate and leave? So that I will pile up work for myself? Absolutely not.

I click on the WaterCAD software on my desktop and resume the task waiting for me.

"Hey, where is Deji?" I lift up my head to see Timi looking down at me.

"Mr. Shodeinde, you mean? He is not around." I reply him.

"You guys are back to that? Don't tell me you too had a fall out with him." He chuckles bitter.

"Well.." I say, shrugging. I am not divulging anything to anyone and I respect Timi for understanding that because he says nothing to pry.

"Well, goodluck. Any idea when he is coming back?" He asks me.

"Honestly, I don't but I suggest you call him." I say, stating the obvious.

"Oh. Alright." He says before taking his leave. So the raised voices the other day meant they were actually, like really having an argument. Well, maybe, just maybe his aggression towards me is just transferred and not as a result of me not responding to him.

Phew! I sigh in relief. I might not be the trigger, afterall.