Chapter 31.

UWA

The mute game boss man is playing is still going on till now. Meanwhile, Kayode called in sick to work, yesterday Thursday. I have been so worried. I called him and we spoke for a while. He sounded so sick over the phone and it made my head ache in worry.

I drive to the supermarket in a hurry so as to purchase chicken and spices. My intention is to prepare chicken pepper soup for him.

I select a medium sized chicken and the spices before proceeding to the counter to make payment. I walk to my car and drive fast to my house. I have work to do.

Upon arrival, I offload everything I purchased and start cooking. Mid way, I dial his number. It rings but he does not pick. He is probably sleeping right now. Great! It would be nice for him to wake up to something refreshing as chicken pepper soup. Not wanting to disturb the peaceful sleep, I keep on preparing the soup for him.

I heave a breath of relief as the process comes to an end. Picking up my very hot flask from the cupboard, I empty the content of the pot into it before closing it to retain its heat then dash to my bathroom to prepare. It's 6:30pm already, hmmmph!

I put on casual joggers and shirt and leave my house, driving to Kayode's place.

Flask in my hands and a bright smile on my face, I knock on his door, excited for the surprise that would be on his face because he does not know I am coming. I lift up my hand to knock and the door opens up and I am swiftly dragged into the apartment.

"Sorry, it seems I am in the wrong place." I say, surveying the environment. There are alot of guys here and ladies too in very skimpy wears. They look like...strippers? Everyone is chattering away. What is going on here? The person who dragged me in just smiles before speaking to everyone.

"Silence, ladies. The groom is on his way." What's happening? I am about to leave the apartment to be sure I am in the wrong place and just find my way to Kayode's own when the groom comes out, smiling. The groom is... Kayode? The moment he locks gazes with me, he freezes. The place suddenly feels too stuffy as I struggle to hold my breath. This man lies to my face. So, he is really getting married and the lady was not lying that day? What does he take me for? Another way to pass time?

Grasping the flask firmly, I walk out of the apartment. Do you know the funny thing? He did not even come out to explain anything to me. I am all by myself, still taking in everything I saw. How could I have been so naive? This man had the guts to look me in the eyes and debunk the claims his to-be wife had. The lady was actually saying the truth and he is getting married tomorrow because it does not take rocket science to figure that out. I walked into his freaking Bachelor's party.

With anger, I start walking towards my car. I feel nothing but anger right now. I place the flask in my car and proceed to go home.

As I make the corner turn to my house, my phone starts ringing and I ignore it. What does he have to tell me? Once the ring tone ends, I sigh in relief as I park in the compound. There is a brief pause before it starts ringing again. What does this guy still want with me?

"What?" I say over the phone.

"Hey, easy, Uwa." I take the phone off my ears to look at the caller now. Oh God, it is Deji.

"Hi." This one has come with his wahala (problem). These men should just let me be, please.

"You don't sound so pleased. Where are you?" He says.

"I am at home." I reply him reluctantly.

"Okay. I'll be with you shortly." He hangs up the call and I step out of the car with the flask before going into my apartment.