Chapter 27.

DEJI

Why did I allow my emotions get the better of me and lash out at her like that? What am I even doing and what has come over me?

I watch her as she quietly walks out of my office, carefully closing the door. I should probably apologize. I down the last drop of coffee in my cup before heading out.

"Miss. Omozuwa." I call out to her then I see him again. His hands are on her shoulders and she looks very cheerful with him. Get your stupid hands off her, bloody idiot! This is a work place for heaven's sake!

"Yes, Sir?" She says, detaching herself from him.

"Never mind." There is absolutely no need to go on with the intended apology. They are even flaunting the relationship in the work place.

By 12pm, I leave the office after leaving strict instructions that involves her not closing until working hours are over. I need to clear my head, badly. It is too early to go to the waterfall but it is even worse going to the club right now. Working my ass out is not even an option either because I will be in the same vicinity with her and I want to keep my sanity and also, emotions in check.

So, I find myself driving to the waterfall, a perfect destination for solace and reflection on one's thoughts.

I arrive there and park my car at a considerable distance where I could see it before opening the trunk of the car to change clothes from my conventional office outfit into something more comfortable and suitable for this place. Yes, I keep a duffel bag that has spare clothes in it inside my car for the sole purpose of emergencies.

I change into a grey knee-length short and a black armless vest that has 'icon' written on it in white bold prints.

I take my spot on a stone and start watching the water cascading down the large stones, marvelled at the wonderful creation of God. Why do I feel so much anger towards her? She is just so annoying. Shifting focus, take a look at Timi and Shalewa.

What if they really do love each other? But how is that even possible? I know Shalewa had a crush on him at a point but then they started their hate thing. Timi did not even notice her at first so where did all these feelings resonate from that he is even admitting to the fact that he loves her? Any older brother who knows his bestfriend so well would have reacted the same way.

I take out my phone to take a picture with the view when a voice speaks behind me.

"I knew you would be here." Timi. I recognise that voice anywhere.

"What is it?" I ask him. I came here for some peace of mind, why won't these people allow me have some?

"Bro, I come in peace. We need to talk." He says to me.

"I have nothing to say to you." I state firmly.

"Well, I do have something to say to you." He states, cornering me to stand before me.

"About your sister. Guy, you have to listen to me." He says, tapping my arms to focus my attention on him.

"What? I don't support you being with her." I reply him in a very firm tone.

"Please.... just listen to what I have to say." He says and I nod, then he began talking.

".....just know that if you mess things up, you are dead." It is still a wonder that I finally consent to their relationship.

"What's up with you and Uwa?" He asks me.

"In what sense?" I ask.

"She referred to you on last name basis earlier when I went to your office." He says.