EPILOGUE

UWA

It's been two months since Timi's death. The whole family was struck with grief. My mom even suggested we postpone the wedding till a later date but Deji's mom said it should not be a defining factor. This man who I love so much decided to propose on my birthday after hosting a surprise party for me. I was shocked to see my mom and siblings, Nimi and Jacob, her boyfriend. Even his parents were also in attendance.

"Timi would not have wanted this if he could communicate to us." She said on the day the family met. Shalewa has been down alot and you won't blame her. To be honest, I can't imagine losing the love of my life not up to a year after our wedding. She must be really strong. I know she is going through alot and covers it with fake smiles.

I just wish she would quit faking her emotions and just be open to us. Since his death, she shut everyone out, quit working with the family and moved out of their home. She sold the place and bought another house. She has even made reaching out to her almost impossible as she always claims to not be at home.

I am back to working for Deji now as the COO of the firm. His new PA is a male and not a female, the ones we interviewed wanted more than a boss-assistant relationship so we settled for a guy instead.

"Congratulations, Uwa." The owner of the thoughts that just occupied my mind says, walking into the dressing room. Nigerians will say 'you are not a bastard' in situations like this.

"Thank you." I hug her tightly, not bringing up any talk. This must be very difficult for her and I admire her strength. She detaches herself from the hug and holds my hand around my elbows.

"Love my brother and don't leave him, please." She says, staring me in the eyes before quietly leaving the room.

...Wedding...

"We met over coffee and did not start off on a good note. Even when you started working for me, I was still terrible to you." Everyone chuckled at this part.

"I don't know how it happened but I fell for you and when I did, I fell hard. I loved you without me even realising it. We might have been through our ups and downs but I promise that we will never have a course to sleep without talking about any issue whenever it arises. I love you so much, Uwa and I intend to spend the rest of my life with you, until my very last breath. Laugh together, Cry together, Play together, go through pain together. On this day, I vow to always make you happy and if you are to cry, they would be happy tears. I love you." He finally ends reciting his vows and shoots a wink at me.

"You really outdid me in this one." I state, making everyone laugh.

"I hated you at first because you came off insensitive. But I realized that under that obnoxious and overbearing attitude you put up for others to see, there is a man I grew to love because of his caring and lovely nature. The one who stole my heart and left me wanting him. The one whom want I to bear his last name. I love you too." I say with croaked voice. I still can't believe we are getting married.

"Is there anyone here who has a reason why these two should not be joined in holy matrimony?" Silence consumes the room as no one signifies.

"Good. By the power of the Almighty, I now proclaim you both as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Deji wastes no time in kissing my lips.

"Hey, wifey." He winks at me.

"Hubby.. that has a nice ring to it." I say, smirking.

"Before nko?" He rolls his eyes as we both chuckle like teenagers.

That night, we consumated our marriage with the most passionate love making session ever. There were rose petals and scented candles in the room. This man surprised me with a new house. I am glad I waited for this perfect moment with him.

His sexual appetite was something else and I love it. I loved the effect I had on this man. In coming days, we did it everywhere in the house; from the kitchen to the bathroom to the sitting room, name it. He is one adventurous lover and it stimulates our love life.

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonades out of it.

I never envisaged my life to be like this. Heck, who would have thought that the day I met this man we would end up falling deeply in love and getting married? I love him so much and I intend to spend the rest of my life with him. My backbone and partner. The one who has brought Heaven to me.

THE END.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡