23

"What the fuck are you calling us to your room for this late?" Isaac yawns, sitting beside me on Richie's bed. He sits below us on the floor, knee kicked up on the ground as his wet black hair sticks to his forehead.

Right out the shower, huh? Is it safe to shower at places like this? I'll try it in the morning.

"Hello, Aliza. Are you listening?" Richie asks. I blink at him, shaking my head. He sighs.

"So as I was saying, I wanted to talk tonight because I'm sure they will be caught up to us by the morning. I just need you guys to know what to do after that." We nod.

'What?" I ask, holding back a yawn.

I can't be tired. I haven't given Isaac his punishment yet.

I pout.

"We won't be able to run long. Knowing Mitch, he probably already has our location. He's just waiting until daybreak, when we're tired and it's easier to stop moving targets." Richie sighs, as Isaac sucks his teeth.

"Who Mitch?" I look between the both of them.

"Mitch fucking sucks." Isaac deadpans. I arch an eyebrow.

He sounds smart though, kind of like Richie.

"Mitch is the guy who makes sure no one finds out about our organization. He's the exterminator. Some guys call him death, because once you see his face, you're probably going to hell in the next couple of minutes." Richie rolls his eyes.

I want a cool nickname too. Death? That's fucking awesome.

Just kill a bunch of people.

I'm trying.

"So what are you saying?" Isaac yawns.

"Well, if it comes down to it and we can't get away. Let me talk to him and you guys leave." Richie's voice lowers as my eyebrows furrow.

"But you just said that, whoever sees his face dies." I shake my head. He grins.

Is he trying to die? Cause I won't let him. We're friends.

"I know how to talk to him, so don't worry about that. Besides that, I think if we get away and lie low long enough, the organization might stop caring about us." He smiles.

So there might be a happily after ever for us? That would be ideal. I'd like a fight before that maybe.

"Can we out run them?" Isaac asks, leaning against my shoulder, putting his head close to mine. I snuggle against him.

He's warm.

"We probably won't, but we can try. Like I said if they show up tomorrow, run. Let me talk."

"What happens if we don't out run them?" I ask, tilting my head at him. He meets my eyes, looking away immediately. Weirdo.

"We die."

Oh.

"Is that all?" Isaac asks, grabbing my hand. He sits back up as I mirror his movements.

So we go back and continue right? I haven't had half my fun.

"Aliza can go. I need to speak with you." I gasp.

"Are you really going to leave me out?" I pout as Isaac sighs.

"She can stay." He holds my hand tighter. Richie shakes his head, getting onto his feet, looking down at us.

"For once, listen to me." His voice comes out serious.