24

Glass cracks and cries under our feet as we move along the wall of the motel. Gunshots echo throughout the area as we avoid them, using the railing by our side as a shield.

"Keep your head low, our new car at the feet of these stairs. Try not to get shot." Richie shouts at Isaac and I.

We go a little longer, as the hitmen shoot from the ground level across the parking lot, away from our car. My fingers tremble harder and harder as we approach the top of the steps.

I need a weapon. I'm itching for one.

Glancing through the railing, the adrenaline in my blood rises as my eyes find a hitman. His gun points in our direction.

That's not fair. I don't even have one yet. They're starting way too early and I'm missing out.

Why didn't Richie have the guns ready if he knew they were coming? Where's that gun Isaac had last night?

No, it wouldn't have been enough and we would look pretty crazy coming in here with a bunch guns. Fuck, society is no fun.

"We all have to race down and get behind that red car. In the back seat, there are machine guns. Go on three." Isaac says, as Richie and I nod. My grin widens.

I love to see him take control. He could've done that last night to me, but he was talking to Richie.

Hmph.

"Three!" He shouts. I hesitate for a moment my body moving faster than my neck and head, as we sprint down the stairs, gunshots hitting all around us. A sharp pain comes from the skin of my calf.

It's natural to get hit a little with this many shots coming at you. I can't stop moving.

We jump behind the car. The side door slams open as Isaac passes us each a gun. I stroke the gun with the pad of my thumb.

I love this thing.

"Make sure to stay behind something while shooting, I don't want either of you hurt." Isaac says, his eyes landing on me. I roll my eyes.

Who cares if I get hurt? That's one of the best parts of hunting your prey. They fight back.

"Cool, so we can go now, right?" I ask, looking at our attackers as they come closer.

"Sure."

Fucking finally.

I shoot into the bushes across the street. Two hitmen slump forward, dead. They've been sitting there for so long, I thought they were waiting for me to kill them.

I'm so nice. I actually did.

I stand up straight, aiming and shooting my gun at unsuspecting targets. My wide smile beams as I duck behind a different car. Peeking around the edge of it, I shoot a couple more hitmen down, one from a tree and the other, running at me with his gun up.

Stupid. Don't make me laugh.

"Aliza! We have to go! Hurry up and get in the car!" Richie calls out somewhere behind me. I ignore him.

Why do we have to leave now? They're obviously loosing. I just want a couple more hits. Blood painting the parking lot wouldn't be a bad goal.

It's kill or be killed. And I plan to do all the killing.

I hum, coming out from my hiding spot. The glint of something shines in my eyes, I bring my gun up and shoot it. Sunshine coats my skin as the gunshots come to a sudden halt. My eyebrows furrow as I look around, only able to see rustling in the bushes and trees.

They're retreating. Ugh, what the fuck? I wasn't done yet.

"Aliza, seriously. Get back here." I turn to see Richie spark the red car on, U-turning it towards me.

Why do we have to le-

Sirens wail through the air and I freeze.

Ok, ok. Next time I guess.

Richie slides the car to a stop next to me. The side door opens and I hop in, throwing my gun next to me. I frown, looking around the car.

"Where's Isaac?" I ask Richie, as he swerves, heading out the parking lot.

"He might not make it." Richie mutters, continuing to drive fast towards the exit of the parking lot.

What? There's no way I'm leaving without Isaac.

"Stop the car." I state. He slows down a bit but still drives.

"He knows where else to meet us so-"

I clock my gun, setting it down behind his chair.

"Stop the car."

I won't leave without him. He's my partner, my fun, my everything. Richie should know that. We're all friends but Richie shouldn't want to leave Isaac like this.

That's mean and I might end him for it.

The car slows to a stop just before the main road.

We should kill anyone in the way of him and us.

Richie unbuckles his seat belt, turning in his seat to face me. The gun presses against his forehead, as he breathes in deeply. His eyes meet mine as I keep the gun still.

"Does he really mean that much to you?" His voice cracks as he looks away from me immediately, his cheeks red.

Why does he keep acting like this?

"Yes, he does." I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. Richie sighs, something catching his eye in the window.

"Your boyfriend is back and luckily, he brought back exactly what we need." My head snaps outside. Isaac takes hurried steps towards us as his present drags behind him.

I knew we couldn't leave him. How would he bring that back if we had?

Isaac comes around the car, throwing his present in the passenger side seat and slipping inside the back next to me. I grab his hand, the warmth of it flowing into mine.

"Why's you take so long? You had me worried we would leave you. I had to threaten Richie and everything." I cry, pulling his arm into both my arms as my cheek rubs against it. He chuckles, as the car drives off. His hand sits on my thigh.

"Threaten?" He asks.

"With a gun to my head." Richie breathes out. I blink at Isaac with innocent eyes.

"I couldn't have him leave you. Bad Richie." I smirk, as Isaac rubs my thigh.

"Why are you always doing hot shit?" He asks me. I scoff.

He could've seen a lot more of that.

"Don't think I forgot why I'm mad at you. Richie, where are we going?" I lean my head against Isaac's shoulder.

"We're headed to the middle of nowhere. We'd be able to negotiate with Mitch there without police getting involved and with Isaac's gift, that should be a lot more simple." Richie says, glancing over at the seat next to his. Isaac's present shakes, tears wetting his entire face.

"Welcome on the road trip, hostage."
_______________________________________
59.7k - 8/10/20

Thanks for all the support!

Next update super soon.

Ciao.